Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

WI 4th Season Success.... Part II

Husker

PMA Member
My buddy from when I lived in Missery, who now is a no good Minnesotian, came down to hunt 4th season with me again this year. This morning was a mirror image of my Wednesday morning hunt. We started the day at the same tree I shot my bird from on Wed. Unlike Wed. the birds were hammering all morning long. We had 2 birds closing the distance around 6:15 but I believe they got picked off by a hen or 2. Then at 7:30 a gobble broke the silence. I moved about 35 yards away and began to call. They gobbled back much closer and then when silent.... 5-7 min later... BOOM.... 7:39am..done... The birds that were 250 yards in front of me well... one of them got smoked about 40 yards behind me. I never saw them til he came floppin down the hill... but Kevin made a great shot as he followed the birds around the tree and shot them on the hillside behind us...

Stats.. 18.5lbs
10.5" beard
1 1/8 spurs...

Unforunatly my camera went democrat on me and I lost the pics we had of it...
Was a great day in the timber.. hopefully we will be able to salvage the pics and I will get them on then... Had a blast and can't wait until 6th Season.....
beerchug.gif

Top Bottom