Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

wifes 1st deer

Handcannon

I took my wife back to public ground to see if we could fill her ML tag. Friday & Saturday night there were a lot of hunters out & we didn't see any deer. We saw plenty on the gravel roads on the way home at night. Sunday night was cold & very windy. She checked before we left & she had on 13 # of extra clothes! I let her pick the spot for us to wait in the terrace that overlooks the clover. There were orange coats crawling everywhere, good ol' public land
smile.gif
We watched a guy about 200 yards away miss a deer. We waited & waited....freezing cold. Then about 10 minutes of shooting time left, a button buck comes out from behind us. He crossed the terrace & entered the clover but he was walking right to us! Heather was so excited! That buck was right beside us & he noticed he was too close to us. He started getting anxious & getting ready to run. He trotted away to about 20 yards, I grunted & he turned perfectly broadside, she took the shot - a nice double lunger. He ran maybe 25 yards through the clover & back into our terrace. Game over, she was so happy! She dragged him to the truck & I gutted him for her. Now if I can get her to eat venison
smile.gif

444056.jpg

Congrats to the Mrs! Do you think she could talk my wife into getting in the stand? Congrats again
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom