Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

WiFi trail cameras?

IowaBowHunter1983

Staff member
Anyone try WiFi trail cameras? I am not talking about cell cams.... completely different. (don't have cell service anyway)

I have contemplated setting up a "farm WiFi network". They have repeaters that can push wifi signal out up to 1 mile (mount of roof of house).... Never having to go actually check a camera would be pretty sweet.

This would be different than the buckeye cam system but function same way and potentially much cheaper

...just haven't seen many reviews on wifi cams.

Last edited:
Never heard of it. Sounds like a good deal though especially if it works for multiple cameras. I assume you wouldn't have data fees and such for each camera like the cellular models.

Anyone try WiFi trail cameras? I am not talking about cell cams.... completely different. (don't have cell service anyway)

I have contemplated setting up a "farm WiFi network". They have repeaters that can push wifi signal out up to 1 mile (mount of roof of house).... Never having to go actually check a camera would be pretty sweet.

This would be different than the buckeye cam system but function same way and potentially much cheaper

...just haven't seen many reviews on wifi cams.

I'm just gonna say the technology isn't there for 1 mi with wifi. Now if you meshed a bunch together you maybe could get 1 mi, but the throughput would drop with each additional device added. I would say it would a much bigger headache than you think.

I'm just gonna say the technology isn't there for 1 mi with wifi. Now if you meshed a bunch together you maybe could get 1 mi, but the throughput would drop with each additional device added. I would say it would a much bigger headache than you think.

I think your right after doing more digging. Too bad everything you read on the internet isn't true!

Buckeye system would work perfect but no way am I paying $900 per cam. They need some competition!

Top Bottom