Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wildview Xtreme 2 problems

streitl

Hey Guys. I got a Wildview Xtreme 2 last winter some time and put it out this spring. The very first time I tried to pull the pictures off of it something happened to the card. It made me a little mad, but I figured I messed something up or there was a problem with the card. With the new card everything turned out just fine, and I got some good pics. This spring, the same thing happened to a different card. I called the company that makes the camera and they said that occassionally this will happen when you use a different device than the camera to view the pictures. I would pull the card from the camera, replace it with a new card, then go back home and stick the card in a printer that would read the cards. Does anyone else have this camera and had the same problem? What have you done to fix the problem? Right now, what I'm going to have to do is pull the camera off the tree, download the photos, then rehang the camera. This seems like too big of a hassle to me. there has gotta be an easier way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have one of those cams but haven't had that particular problem. Do you have a digital camera for home use? Unless it's a Sony it's likely that it will accept an SD card, then you can hook the cam up to the computer and offload the pics. Also some laptops, especially somewhat newer ones have SD slots. It took me awhile to notice I had one on mine.

No troubles with mine in a year of use. I just added a 12 volt battery box to it.
Are you making sure the camera is turned off before removing the card?

I have not had that problem either. I think Shovelbuck hit the nail on the head and make sure the camera is off before pulling card. My only issue is the slow trigger speed. Good luck

I definitely hear the slow shutter speed. I have gotten quite a few pics which were blanks. I do shut the camera off, sometimes it takes the camera a minute to shut off it seems. That is what I thought might have happened to the memory card the first time I had the problem. I think I will just be a little more cautious with the new cards and see what happens. It is encouraging and yet a little bruising to the ego to find out that no one has had this same problem and that it is most likely a user issue. Thanks for the help guys. Good luck with the pics and hopefully you a big fella you intend to hunt this fall.

Top Bottom