Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wisconsin Buck Down

Team Haastyle

Host of Haastyle Hunting
Well Saturday proved to be a good day for myself to be in the stand. I started out the day helping my girlfriend move out her grandma, but luckily got out early enough to get into the stand. After a short time on stand (15-20 minutes) I performed a rattle/grunt sequence for about 3-5 minutes. Shortly thereafter I look up and I see a buck making his way into my food plot. He popped into the plot I was hunting, made a scrape, and slowly meandered up to me. I knew this buck from a bunch of pictures I've had since about May. I figured him to be a 3 year old buck, and with a not so pretty rack I decided to take him. I put the camera on him, drew my bow back, and let an arrow soar at 20 yds. I hit him perfect right in the heart. He ran approx. 50 yards and did the one-two step and fell over!

Though not the biggest or prettiest looking buck, he is my first buck I've harvested in four years with my bow, and my third biggest bow buck to boot. He ended up weighing 195 lbs field dressed. He will make for a great Euro-skull mount, and definitely fill up the freezer nicely :D.

Top Bottom