Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

WORSE THAN PETA

antlerfreak

I could use a little advise on what a hunter can do in the following situation. I started hunting a new piece of ground last year. No problems last year. This year however the niebors have something out for me. They have hung soap from tree limbs on there entire fenceline, they have walked there fence line every night and morning running any deer off that might be in the general area. My problem is there side of the fence holds all the bedding areas, and I hunt the deer going to the food sources on my side. these guys dont seem to bowhunt Ive been told they only Muzz. hunt. Its just a pain especially during the rut to spend so much time in the woods only to deal with guys like this that think they own the county and all the deer in it. I have contacted the game warden but he says he cant do much being as though they havent crossed the fence or any thing. I thought there was a thing called hunters herassment?
any advise?

they are staying on their side of the fence, they can do what they want on their own land. maybe park where they can see your car, and won't know your around, may get you a bit of relief

Im a little confused. If these guys are muzzleloader hunters, why are they trying to run all the deer off? I would think itd be better to let you get a deer than running their own property dry.

Effort #1:
Confront them directly and try to talk things out.

Effort #2:
Those guys wouldn't be seeing much for deer during muzzleloader season if it were me. I can envision walking up and down the mentioned fence with a 12 gauge and about 5 boxes of el cheapo shells "rabbit hunting". Yeah, a bigger man would take the high road but I'm not a bigger man when it comes to getting treated that poorly by others. I would NOT recommend taking my advice but I'd go eye for an eye. If it didn't work to help your hunting problem, at least they wouldn't be shooting all the deer which is clearly their goal here.

hoofline.gif

Have you introduced yourself to them? Perhaps if you talk with them something can be worked out. There is a hunter harassment law, but they are on their own property right?

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

hoofline.gif

fined a new piece of land to hunt till you come to an understanding with the nut job`s. at least you would stand a chance at seeing some deer. (my 2 cent`s)

I have tried to talk with them on more than one occasion, they play stupid like there not doing anything to ruin my hunting. The last incounter between us got heated but still went know where. I tried to ask them if they relized all they were doing is hurting there own hunting for later in the year. they may be to ignorant to see that. as far as hunting some where els, yes I have been, but none of my other spots hold as many good bucks that seem to walk around in the daylight like this spot.(at least they use to) as for eye for an eye during muzz. season, ive already put a lot of thought into that. It wouldnt be tough to shoot a doe a night, perhaps a bad shot, let it run into the middle of there section and go looking for it with bells on (literally). Only prob. is I also Muzz. hunt and would like to shoot a good buck first. problably wont happen right away. Maby they think they have a giant buck they know about and are trying to keep people from killing it, maby there just idiots, either way my one time honey hole is now worthless to hunt. we will see what happens.
thanks for the input.

After doing some research, I've come to the conclusion that your game warden does NOT know the law he was hired to uphold. You need to go over his head ASAP and contact the DNR directly at the highest level they will allow. The following is an excerpt from the harrassment clause of the 2007 Iowa Fish And Game Laws:

OBSTRUCTING HUNTING OR TRAPPING:
No one may intentionally obstruct the participation of another in the lawful activity of hunting or trapping, including but not limited to:

A.) Intentionally placing oneself in a location where human presence may affect the behavior of a furbearing animal, game bird or other game or the feasibility of killing or taking a furbearing animal, game bird or other game with the inent of obstructing or harassing another person who is lawfully hunting or trapping.

B.) Intentionally crateing a visual, aural, olfactory (the soap you mentioned) or physical stimulus for the purpose of effecting the behavior of a furbearing animal, game bird or other game with the intent of obstructing or harassing another person who is lawfully hunting or trapping.

C.) Intentionally affecting the condition or altering the placement of personal property used for the purpose of taking furbearing animals, birds or other game with the intent of obstructing or harassing another person who is lawfully hunting or trapping.

A person shall not interfere with the lawful hunting or trapping activities of another person where hunting or trapping is authorized by a custodian of public property or an owner or lessee of private property. This rule does not prohibit a landowner, tenant or an employee of the landowner from performing normal agricultural operations or a law enforcement officer from performing official duties.

So it's beyond clear that you have a case against these guys. You just had the wrong guy on your side. Push the issue to a higher source and you will come out on top. NO WAY they can argue normal agricultural practice as their excuse and it is NOT allowable simply because they're on their own property. Your warden needs to recheck his handbook and get with the program.

Regards,
Iowabowtech

Jerks, I think I would wing a few moth balls with a sling shot into the bedding area a couple of days before the muzzle loader season if they kept it up!

wow i need one of those rulebooks you have iowabowtech. thanks for the input. obviously ur nice enough to take time to help someone else. im having the same kind of problem. but a guy keeps trapping coyotes on his fenceline right by one of my deer stands. its a good thing that hes trapping coyotes but come on not in the middle of rut. he is a big time hunter and owns over 800 acres. i hunt on 80 acres. he just doesnt want deer going to my clover field. im pretty much screwed though i guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 203ntyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jerks, I think I would wing a few moth balls with a sling shot into the bedding area a couple of days before the muzzle loader season if they kept it up! </div></div>

That is an awesome idea!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sofakingfast_1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... im having the same kind of problem. but a guy keeps trapping coyotes on his fenceline right by one of my deer stands. its a good thing that hes trapping coyotes but come on not in the middle of rut. he is a big time hunter and owns over 800 acres. i hunt on 80 acres. he just doesnt want deer going to my clover field. im pretty much screwed though i guess. </div></div>

Yep, afraid so. Near impossible to prove bad intentions in this case even though they may exist.

Top Bottom