Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wounded

JNRBRONC

I pulled the memory card this morning and had two pictures of this wounded deer, looking kinda tough.
frown.gif
If he makes it, wonder if he's going to have a funky rack on the opposite side (from looking at the full size pic, pretty sure it's a shed buck).
1110bad_leg1.jpg

1110bad_leg.jpg

Looks to be healed to me Randy...should be able to recognize him this fall and follow up on what his rack does.

Looks to be doing fine and really hitting the mineral lick.
1110wounded411.jpg

Then I thought this pic was cool.
1110ghost.jpg

I think this is the same guy and from what I can tell of his rack in the original July 8 full resolution pic, it isn't too messed up from the injury. The Moultrie D40 had the range, now if it only had the clarity.

1110july8-med.jpg

Looks like his same side of his rack is getting nontypical.. It would be neat to see if in a year if the other side took a crazy growth. Very neat deer none the less. Seems to be healthy and probably wont be moving out of the area anytime soon! Let him go for scientific research!! haha go for it!
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What do you suppose happened to him?

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard shooting first shotgun season last fall and when I looked in that direction, I saw three deer run across the NE corner of my farm. I was too far away to see whether they were bucks or does. I got a phone call on my cell soon after, asking if it would be okay to trail a wounded young buck across my farm. I told them they didn't need my permission for unarmed pursuit, thanked them for calling and told them to take their gun just in case they needed a follow up shot. I spoke with the individual a couple of weeks ago and he said they never found it. It was a pretty substantial blood trail across my place. I'm thinking this might be the deer.

Top Bottom