Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wtb land

lungbuster29

Hey guys looking to buy my first big chunk of land to hunt does anyone have good or bad experiences with realtors preferably in central or south central part of the state?

I used Fred Bennett, from United Country Real Estate, located in I believe Unionville, Missouri. He is very knowledgeable re hunting property and a nice guy.

If I say stay away from the worthless Gabe Adair this thread will probably be deleted. Hawkeye in Albia is a good choice

Highly recommend Steve Hanson with hawkeye Reality in Albia. Great guy, very trustworthy and he knows deer!

Hey take a look at Slighs post on the land for sale forum if you haven't already! Has quite a few places for sale in southern Iowa.

If I say stay away from the worthless Gabe Adair this thread will probably be deleted. Hawkeye in Albia is a good choice

Highly recommend Steve Hanson with hawkeye Reality in Albia. Great guy, very trustworthy and he knows deer!

Steve hanson is a quality guy in Albia, Knows Land, deer, deer hunting- he will not steer you wrong- Hawkeye

These guys are all spot on! Hawkeye in Albia is an excellent office and Steve Hanson and the guys there are as knowledgeable as it gets. A big thumbs up for these guys!

And congrats on the possibility of purchasing some property.

I'm a newly license RE Agent, who will specialize in farm and recreational properties. I am part of a family run RE company in SW Iowa, we are just now expanding our farm and recreational property side of the business by bring myself in along with another gentlemen in the area who previously sold properties for Mossy Oak.

I don't market on here or try and "push" anyone to think my passion of deer hunting is a front to make money. I love whitetail hunting and don't want anyone to confuse that for other intentions.

If you have questions or would like to talk, certainly shoot me a PM.

-Skyler

land

If you're not a resident stay home unless you like to be treated like a cull buck!

LOL what he said, I love it.

Stay home and save your money to later invest at Beetle Bar in Costa Rica. You will get way less stress and see bigger and better RACKS.

Jealousy is a terrible thing. Let's talk trash about a guy because he has been successful, or because he has access to more land then we do. I recently bought a farm from Gabe Adair and he could not have been any better to deal with. He did not pressure me into buying and spent a great deal of time with me after the sale helping me layout my farm.

Now just because he sells land does not mean he cannot lease ground on his own. Nor does it mean he cannot do what he wants with the leased ground. And if someone else happens to shoot a big buck off of one of his leases that does not mean he is "WORTHLESS," it just means that he is probably a better hunter than you!!!!!! Probably should check yourself if you are trying to hurt a guys reputation, just because you couldn't kill a deer you were after......seriously?????

Jealousy is a terrible thing. Let's talk trash about a guy because he has been successful, or because he has access to more land then we do. I recently bought a farm from Gabe Adair and he could not have been any better to deal with. He did not pressure me into buying and spent a great deal of time with me after the sale helping me layout my farm.

Now just because he sells land does not mean he cannot lease ground on his own. Nor does it mean he cannot do what he wants with the leased ground. And if someone else happens to shoot a big buck off of one of his leases that does not mean he is "WORTHLESS," it just means that he is probably a better hunter than you!!!!!! Probably should check yourself if you are trying to hurt a guys reputation, just because you couldn't kill a deer you were after......seriously?????

Here we go again, looks like this thread is going to get deleted to

I'm a newly license RE Agent, who will specialize in farm and recreational properties. I am part of a family run RE company in SW Iowa, we are just now expanding our farm and recreational property side of the business by bring myself in along with another gentlemen in the area who previously sold properties for Mossy Oak.

I don't market on here or try and "push" anyone to think my passion of deer hunting is a front to make money. I love whitetail hunting and don't want anyone to confuse that for other intentions.

If you have questions or would like to talk, certainly shoot me a PM.

-Skyler

It really puts things into perspective for a guy with the number of people attempting to make a living in the "hunting industry" were the world of deer hunting as we know it is headed. Nothing against you personally just a food for thought for they entire site. 10 years ago, I had hardly heard and never actually sat down and spoke with someone who was licences to selling "recreational land" The number of "legit" guides in Iowa you could probably count on your hands, the number of "quality" outfitters the same. Now you can't go a day without someone "attempting" to start something, or show you this, or do that for a price. It's getting absolutely out of control how many people want to make a living in this hunting community and I feel (opinion based-don't want to get sued) this is one if not they leading reason why Iowa, is in the boat we are in.

It really puts things into perspective for a guy with the number of people attempting to make a living in the "hunting industry" were the world of deer hunting as we know it is headed. Nothing against you personally just a food for thought for they entire site. 10 years ago, I had hardly heard and never actually sat down and spoke with someone who was licences to selling "recreational land" The number of "legit" guides in Iowa you could probably count on your hands, the number of "quality" outfitters the same. Now you can't go a day without someone "attempting" to start something, or show you this, or do that for a price. It's getting absolutely out of control how many people want to make a living in this hunting community and I feel (opinion based-don't want to get sued) this is one if not they leading reason why Iowa, is in the boat we are in.

^This, comming from a realtor based family the BOOM is def. over if you are not already a proven company or already made your money selling realestate good luck there are way to many people trying to make a living at it and it is just not there, I have seen over a dozen just in my area that have tried and gave up after a year or so.

I bought my farm through Hawkeye Realty in albia very knowledgeable and easy to work with Alan ammons was the realtor super nice guy I believe he has his own website now. Www.iowawhitetailfarms.com good luck to you other than the birth of my kids one of the best days of my life purchasing my own farm lot of work and money but worth every Penny

^This, comming from a realtor based family the BOOM is def. over if you are not already a proven company or already made your money selling realestate good luck there are way to many people trying to make a living at it and it is just not there, I have seen over a dozen just in my area that have tried and gave up after a year or so.

Auctions in MN and SD ended no sale, without a single bid for crop ground. Changes coming

Thier a couple of good guys at Whitetail properties. Owen Reigler and Rich Baugh.
If you use Gabe Adair he will likely lease out your neighbors and outfit it with 10 guys if he knows thiers good deer on your place

Top Bottom