Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

WV 8 Point

WVBOWHNTR

Long-time viewer of this board, but seldom post. I enjoy reading all of the excellent hunting insight the regulars of this board provide. Last Saturday, I scored on my biggest buck with a bow. A little smaller then most of the bucks posted on here, but I'm gonna keep him
grin.gif

Here's the story. I was hunting a friend's farm last Saturday, in Preston County, WV. 6:30 a.m., a doe and button buck come in above me, and she is acting really weird (tail flicking, constantly urinating), so I'm thinking she's coming into heat if she wasn't already. They head back the way they came above me. 7:10, I look down the ridge below me (downwind) and all I see are horns! He walks right to me, in the direction the doe was feeding, lip-curling the whole time. I drew and was about to give a little whistle to stop him and he stops himself, giving me a perfect 25-yd. broadside shot. Smack!!! Nice double-lung hit, complete pass-through, he does a mule kick and tears down through the woods. We gave him and hour and I regained my composure, somewhat, and recovered him about 100 yds. in a small hollow. Best part was I got to share all of the excitement with one of my oldest hunting buddies, Chad. Best of luck to everyone the rest of the season!

8-1b.jpg

That's what it's all about WV. A successfull hunt isn't measured by the size of his horns. Your harvest pic is nothing less than spectacular. Great Buck and great story.

He's a trophy WV don't downplay your success. Congrats on a good shot on a nice buck.

I agree with the others, what a great photo. Never downplay your best deer taken to date, congratulations on your bowkill. I hope I get a chance for my best this season.

That is a great buck with a great background. That is a beautiful harvest picture, with all the colors in the background.

Congrats!! Great stoy, you should definately be proud. Echoing other's sentiments here......fantastic photo!
shocked.gif

Congrats! That harvest photo is fantastic. That will look awesome blown up and hung below your newest trophy!!

Thanks guys! Wasn't trying to downplay my buck, I'm just continually amazed at the size of those midwest monsters compared to the size of bucks (both body and antlers)in my area. I've always held true to the idea that a trophy is different for each hunter. Believe me, that hunt will be one I will never forget!

Tonight it is supposed to get down to 32, with cold and clear, 49 tomorrow. Looks like tomorrow morning is gonna be awesome! I can hear the grunting and chasing now...

Top Bottom