Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wyatt put one down for Youth Season

deeraddict

PMA Member
Well i write this as an very proud dad. My son Wyatt put a nice doe down Friday after noon with a nice clean shot. The afternoon started with me letting him choose where to sit. We had been sitting in a gound blind all season so far, but had a couple of tree stand options open if we wanted. The landowner had a tree with 2 15 ft tree stands in it, one facing north and one facing west, great setup for taking a kid out. We were in the stand just after 4:00 and almost got right back down. His red dot scope would not turn on. I messed with it a bit and got it to turn on, but it was very week. At 5:10 p.m., i got 3 slaps on my shoulder from Wyatt who was sitting in the west facing stand. He whispered deer right here. I turned to look and saw 2 yearlings 45-50 yards to his left. A quick scan found the doe just ahead of them in the brush. Wyatt turned and readied his gun. I heard the hammer click back, and asked if he was on her, yep he replied back. The doe stepped out in to a small opening and I murped to stop her. She stopped and turned her head to look in our direction, BOOM, the TC went off and the timber came alive as there were about 10 deer total in the group of does and yearlings. I saw her turn to run and was pretty sure I saw a wound on the opposite side. We did not hear her crash, but both thought the shot loked good. We waited about 15 minutes and went to inspect the area she was standing for sign. We were both very pleased with what we found, very good blood all over. I knew she could not be far. We started tracking her up and we only went about 35 yards when I saw he lying next to a log. i told Wyatt he bette follow the blood as I just couldn't see it any more, and he finished the job. Very proud of him for making a great shot, off hand at 45-50 yards. It all happened so fast, and I was so excited, when I went to re-load the gun before we started tracking her, I put the bullet in the end of the muzzle before I put the pellets in. Good thing Wyatt was paying attention and stopped me from pushing it all the way in. I wanted him to hold out for a buck, but he just wanted to shoot a good sized deer, buck or doe. He was happy and that is what really counts.

Attachments

• Wyatt.jpg
    Wyatt.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 241
Sorry it took me so long to post Wyatt and Derrin, Congrats, that was a great shot, hope to put that good a shot on one myself.Wyatt your turning into quite the littlte hunter.

Hey guys this is Wyatt, thanks for all the coments it was pretty awsome. Im looking forward to maybe going shotgun hunting first season with my dad again.

Wyatt

Top Bottom