Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wyatt Smacked a nice doe... (STORY ADDED)

deeraddict

PMA Member
My son Wyatt took a nice doe Sunday morning, he was jacked, and I am very proud of him.

Hi guys this is Wyatt I shot a big doe last Sunday it was awsome. The first thing we had to do to hunt was set up the blind. We set it up in a food plot and brushed it in a couple weeks befor the seson. Then on opening morning of yoth season me, my dad, and my dad's frend Jeff went out on a hunt. we saw a big doe 60 or 70 yards away in the timber Dad told me to get ready and all of the sudden she was about 25 feet away I moved to try to get a shot but she spooked. My dad had to leve at 8:30 to go to my sisters softball game but Jeff and I stayed. after dad left a doe and two fawns came in but I had no shot. Then we saw about 10 turkeys and another doe. I got shot a shot at the doe, and when we looked for sign, Jeff said I flat missed. Jeff and I got back in the blind and then we left about an hour later and went to Jeff's house for a few hours and wached the Iowa football game then went out in the after noon. We were out for about an hour or two an a doe and a butten buck came in. I had a shot at the buttonbuck I shot, Jeff said I missed, and I reloaded and shot at it agine. we went out and looked for blood but couldn't fined any so we got back in the blind. At just abought dark a buck came in Jeff said it was a nice 8 point, he got it to stop and told me to shoot, we couldn't see any blood in the dark so we went back in the morning. Me, my dad and I checke d the spot the buck was standing but no sign, I missed again. Dad and Jeff decided we should pute a scope on the gun, even though I was shooting good with open sights when we practiced. Dad got a reddot scope put on and we went and practiced some more, i shot 6 bullseyes and dad said I was shooting good out to 50 yarsds. We went back out the next Friday night, but we didnt see any deer. My dad had to go to another softball game for my sister the next mornign so my uncle terry took me out. we did n't see any deer either. That night we didn't hunt as dad took me with him and his buddies to teh whiteltails unlimited banquet. I won a bb gun pistol there, it was fun. the next morning we got up at 4:45 to go hunt and i was really tired from the night before. We got all the way to the blind and dad realized the shells didn't get put back in my backpacka dn had to walk back to the truck. he got back and we got all set up. I kept falling asleep in my chair and dad kept waking me up telling me to watch for deer. all of the sudden he told me to take the safety off and get ready cuse he saw a deer. he said it's a small one wait fort the doe. She finally walked out where I could see her but she was walking away from me, dad said get on her and he would stop her, he went meep at her and she turned broadside, dad was next to me and said shoot, shoot, shoot. I pulled the trigger and she dropped in her tracks. dad said stay on her, then he said she's done, you got her. i started pumping my fist in the air and was yelling ya ya ya, and then me and dad high fived. we went out then and looked at her, and then dad had me call my mom, Robin and Jeff and tell them that I got one. Later Robin asked me how it felt and i told him ggod, but now it sucks cuse I am done hunting.

WyattDoe.jpg

WyattDoe2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for getting the pics up Muddy. (I need to learn how to do it). Thanks to Meathunter for the photos. We had a great time hunting.

Top Bottom