Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

X-bow permit???

rutnstrut

PMA Member
Does anyone know how you go about obtaining one of these? I had back surgery last Monday and the doc says chances are Im not gonna be able to shoot a bow by the time spring turkey season rolls around. So I though about trying to get a temp. X-bow permit and barrowing one just to make it through turkey season. I know the doc is ok with it but what I dont know is does he have to get the paperwork to fill out or do I need to get it somewhere and take it to him or how does this work, anybody been through this process???

I feel your pain....good luck with recovery. You may just need a slip from your doctor and take it to the court house.

Try this link: Crossbow Permit

If you send it in rather than take it to a regional office don't forget to put a check for the $1.00 writing fee. I took mine to the Lake Darling office. The lady that helped me said most people forget. Second time around I sent it in with the check and it took almost two weeks to get it back so don't wait.

Another little tip, according to the rules on the application you MUST use a three bladed broadhead. Anybody want some two bladed Rages?

Good luck.

The 'Bonker

not to stray off topic, but rage came out with a 1 1/2 inch cut. looks like the same blade, but when blades are exposed, they are at a more swept back angle. supposed to be better for lower poundage bows.

if you have any left after the pig shoot, and you want to get rid of them, let me know

Top Bottom