Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

XOP Treestands

Lucky13

I saw these at the classic...look just like the lone wolfs...i was able to sit in them..very comfy treestands....i ended up buying 2! For 130$ a piece and the feel of a 200$ stand i felt it was well worth it...anyone have any experience with these stands? I know the company is from Dubuque too

I saw them there and wondered if it was the same company from Dubuque. I've got a couple of their older stands and they are pretty nice. I wonder how they can get by with these since they really are a clone to live wolf stands. Maybe they're affiliated somehow?

Lone wolf's patten is up, there are several look alikes coming out this year because of that these are by far the nicest of the knock offs I have seen but I know they are Chinese made. For $130 I will own one I am sure just to try out.

Kratz

I'm pretty sure these are the stands Lone Wolf was getting made in China. They backed out and somebody obviously bought there remaining inventory.

I'm pretty sure these are the stands Lone Wolf was getting made in China. They backed out and somebody obviously bought there remaining inventory.

You are correct sir, they bought all of the Chinese made LW stands.....I bought an entire crate a couple yrs ago, love them

This also crossed my mind. They looked like the Chinese version with the aluminum color and strap color. Makes sense.

The guys there at the show said the person who owns this company was the creator f Lone Wolf and sold the company back in '06...and now that the patten is up they are making stands again

The guys there at the show said the person who owns this company was the creator f Lone Wolf and sold the company back in '06...and now that the patten is up they are making stands again

API even came out with a cast aluminum stand this yr, I think LW will lose some of their market share

Anyone know if they fixed the problems they were having with the Chinese version of the Lone Wolfs? I have heard that there was a problem with parts not fitting right and/or being weak and breaking. Apparently someone tried to sue Lone Wolf over a fall, but it was determined that the stand was a rejected one. Someone was then selling the rejected product at cut rate to get rid of them.

I have not looked any of that up, but I heard it from two other guys and then two people that sell Lone Wolf products. Just food for thought. I am sure I would pick one or two up if I can, then replace the hardware that I can if it is suspicious.

The part that worries me is the fact that they were not TMA certified. If your product is safe, why wouldn't it pass TMA certification? Red flag?!?!? I don't know, I just wasn't going to take the risk.

The part that worries me is the fact that they were not TMA certified. If your product is safe, why wouldn't it pass TMA certification? Red flag?!?!? I don't know, I just wasn't going to take the risk.

Lone Wolf claimed they were all rejects.....problem is LW didn't pay for millions of $ worth of tree stands. So someone else is selling those stands. Compare them with the USA made LW and u can't tell a difference. The bolts are all good

why are you saying they arent TMA certified? mine sure has the stickers saying it is

I'm saying that I didn't see anything on the displays. I just wasn't going to take the chance. I'd rather pay $20 more dollars than that and get a muddy stand was my thought process.

I'm saying that I didn't see anything on the displays. I just wasn't going to take the chance. I'd rather pay $20 more dollars than that and get a muddy stand was my thought process.

yea i hear that....i never thought id ever spend over 100$ for a hang on in my life...i was wrong..haha....now im looking at HAWK treestands...pretty good price point, i guess we will see

Here's the story fellas.

Andre (the founder and prior owner of Lone Wolf) sold the company in 06. He had a 3 year non compete clause. He kept ownership of the name Lone Wolf when he sold though. He and his son Cody moved to Dubuque in 08 and now that the patents are up on Lone Wolf, they have started making stands again under the XOP name. They are actually identical to the previous lone wolfs except for the fact that they are indeed outsourcing some of the parts to China. They are still all assembled here in the USA and Cody is personally inspecting all of them before shipping.

They have redesigned a few things for next year which will make the sticks better IMO.

XOP's are not the lone wolf rejects....... They could actually put the lone wolf name on them if they wanted, but it would confuse the hell out of the consumers.

IMO they will dominate the market when people start catching on to what is actually going on. One of the main things that had been discussed was that Lone Wolfs price point was way to spendy for the average hunter and needed to be addressed. Also when the company was sold, they quit doing consumer shows and that killed their market share, but the new owners didn't seem to care.

They are worth the look for sure and I already own one that I will be testing this fall. They are going to be in a few of the box stores as well as some of the local shops. Pikes Peak Archery in Farmersburg will be handling them for any of you guys in Eastern Iowa.

They also are toying with the idea of producing some ground blinds and trail cams under the Lone Wolf name.

This is straight from the horses mouth, and now like Paul Harvey says... you know the rest of the story. ;)

Anyone know if I can order one anywhere yet. Really wanting to take advantage of the price point I have been seeing.

Kratz

yea i hear that....i never thought id ever spend over 100$ for a hang on in my life...i was wrong..haha....now im looking at HAWK treestands...pretty good price point, i guess we will see

I'm a die hard Gorilla user that hunts mobile and this is what I'm going to since Gorilla discontinued. All the same designers and engineers from what I'm told.

Top Bottom