Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Yet another Scout Guard clone

JNRBRONC

On another forum, there is a thread on yet another Boly Media clone camera that is hitting the market. So far, there has been Scoutguard 550, DLC Covert, and the Bushnell trophy camera spinning off out of the same Chinese factory, Boly Media (from my understanding of the situation). Now comes the Monarch trailcamera.

I'm just throwing this out there for your information as I do not endorse this product (I have no experience with it nor any financial interests). Thus, I'll let you do a google search to find it.

I'm rather disappointed that they offer a one year warranty when Bushnell raised the bar to two. Introductory price looks good, but then it's list price is going to hurt sales, IMO, unless it is remarkably better than it's siblings.

Is the wolfguard from graywolfwoolens the same as the scoutguard? I'm looking to get a new camera pretty quick here to see what makes it through the season. I was going to get a cuddeback ir because i had a nontypical 35mm until it was stolen. Is the scoutguard/wolfguard ir at night? Also is the security box for the wolfguard camera secure. I hope to not have another stolen? Thanks.

Is the wolfguard from graywolfwoolens the same as the scoutguard? Is the scoutguard/wolfguard ir at night? Also is the security box for the wolfguard camera secure. I hope to not have another stolen? Thanks.
It appears to based on the same Boly Media camera innards, different name slapped on the case. Their website claims that it is IR at night. The camera case helps with security, especially since the SD memory card can be stolen from that style cam if it is cabled to the tree without the security case. Cables and security cases are a deterrent, if someone is determined, they will get the cam, might take bolt cutters for the cable, but they can get it.

So are all the different spin offs still the same quality? It would seem to me different name and maybe a paint job isnt going to change the fact that thier a decent camera.

So are all the different spin offs still the same quality? It would seem to me different name and maybe a paint job isnt going to change the fact that thier a decent camera.

Each vendor claims to have "refined the software" that runs the camera, could be....

Then, it seems that Bushnell is the only company (to my knowledge) that offers two year warranty, everybody else is one year.

Top Bottom