Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A decade on iowawhitetail...

KSQ2

PMA Member
It’s hard to believe it’s been over 10 years since I found iowawhitetail.com. Even though I’ve never even met one of the members in person, I feel like I have some good friends up North b/c of this site; and over the years I’ve learned a few things:
1) Muddy doesn’t own Muddy Outdoors, though I’m sure he’d be a rich man if he didn’t live in a house-full of women (livin’ the dream buddy!)
2) Pharmer didn’t like “W” Bush
3) Fishbonker rarely posts anything serious, but his posts are worth your time anyway
4) Saskguy is truly living the life (his yearly journals are Pulitzer-worthy imo) and he should be permanently banned from any PMA buck contest – it’s just not fair!!!
5) Speaking of big buck contests, Dor proved that a Kansas buck CAN win
6) Speaking of Dor, he is the KING of public land hunting
7) Anytime Dbltree or Letemgrow say, “Take it for what’s it’s worth.” “it’s” worth a LOT
8) THA4 must like to eat
9) Iowa residents are just as protective of the deer of their state (rightfully so) as us Kansans.
10) Still HAVEN’T learned how Limbchicken got that cool internet handle
11) You have to be careful what pictures you put on this site, there are MANY more regular lurkers than regular posters.
12) This site proves that Packer fans and Viking fans can get along… sometimes… kind of…
13) If you buy anything from Gunrunr, it’s going to be quality – thanks again for the rain gear!!!
14) Blake is the random information king
15) It takes a LOT to get banned from this site, typ250 RIP
16) The thread count is about to explode, like it does every fall
Thanks to the site owners and moderators, it truly is a privilege to be a part of this community!

I will add 17. You know sureshot1 is in his twenties because the deer "popcans" would have been named "beercans" if he was over 21 when he first named the deer.

Thanks for founding the website. I spend lots of time on this sight and have learned tons of information.

I admit that I lurked for probably two years before I registered, so I must have been one of the very first ones to find it. Not sure how to find out my member number but I bet it is Loooow. I would like to know the date it originally went online.

Yeah, it is hard to believe it has been 10 years since I have been here too...:drink1:

I wish I would have known about this place back in 01' Pretty awesome site and a lot to be learned around here. Cool post.

Pretty spot on with some of your conclusions :D

Last edited:
Yep. 11 years coming up here. Some of the old timers you never here from any more. What ever happen to ghost? Did send a email to Rudd awhile back, but like most of us is busy with what life deals us with families and work.

fatboy said:
Yep. 11 years coming up here. Some of the old timers you never here from any more. What ever happen to ghost? Did send a email to Rudd awhile back, but like most of us is busy with what life deals us with families and work.

Rudd, ghost old timers. Not sure they would like the sound of that...kinda funny.

I will add 17. You know sureshot1 is in his twenties because the deer "popcans" would have been named "beercans" if he was over 21 when he first named the deer.
Lol, you're spot on. I was 16 when I named that deer. As far as the over 21 part, ughhh....hmmm, about that :drink1:

I've been on this site since 2001 (when I was 13years old). Originally I had a different screen name, but my computer crashed and I lost my password so I just made a new username. Sometimes I go back and search my old posts that I made....wow, made me realize how much i've learned from this website over the years! Iowawhitetail has given me a wealth of knowledge.....thanks to everyone who posts and shares information, you make this site what it is. :way:

Holy cow! This thread caused me to look at when I joined IW...10 years ago too! That must have been a good year. :D

Geesh...hard to believe it, but looks like I'm in the 12 year range...still my favorite site hands down.

Thanks to the owner(s) and moderators for keeping this the best deer hunting site on the web :way:

NWBuck

I'd hate to read some of my old posts.

I remember when I used to lurk it was just the "Whitetail Conference", "Longbeard Conference", and "Shed Conference". Or something like that.

I remember the stink of bumping the forums from 3 or 4 to 7 or 8.

I remember the first gathering up at Chase the Adventure and the "official" hoot off at 5 in the morning. I believe it was vman, huskerinbadgerland, LimbChicken, and myself playing eucher with Ghost looking on. I believe that ironwood was an old man even then and didn't appreciate us hooting off and disturbing his "beauty" sleep.

I remember shortfused.

I remember the clineometer.

I remember Racks House o Hair.

Good memories.

Top Bottom