Cuddelink

Discussion in 'Trail Cams' started by bkcrrtnps, Jun 26, 2017.

1. G4FARMS

G4FARMS G4FARMS

Screwing the mount to the tree or screwing the security box to tree is the only way to go. To much weight in the bulky camera for just the strap alone in my opinion.

bkcrrtnps likes this.
  2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. MK111

MK111 New Member

Correct. I used 2 over sized drywall screws to mount the metal box to the tree. Then used the cable lock to secure the bottom of the box to the tree to prevent theft of the camera.

bkcrrtnps likes this.
  4. bkcrrtnps

bkcrrtnps Well-Known Member

The j series is junk compared to the G, battery life and picture quality is a lot less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. bkcrrtnps

Are you running j or g series?

6. bkcrrtnps

The j series pic quality and battery life isn’t as good as the g so you’d really be impressed with them. I love the bounce barrel flash! I told you last year that these were 180 degrees better than past Cuddebacks

Sligh1 likes this.
  7. bkcrrtnps

What are your settings?

8. Nozzle

Nozzle New Member

I have 4 J came on rechargables and solar chargers. Working flawless went a whole season no issues.

bkcrrtnps likes this.
  9. bkcrrtnps

I think a lot of people have to try them because for a while Cudddback took a few steps backwards. I ordered some of the new ones this year. The G series Cell Cam holds 6 D’s instead of 4....I love them and have yet to find anything negative. I tested some of them before they hit the shelves back in late 2016. Absolute game changer if you run more than 1 camera on any farm.

Nozzle likes this.
  10. Sligh1

Sligh1 Administrator Staff Member

Got J cams set up. Last year they worked amazingly well. Only complaint was battery life BUT I expected that due to it sending signal out. This year, I’m adding solar panels & a Verizon transmitter to send me pics. The actual use of Verizon transmitter is mainly for “security” as we had a lot of poaching last year. BUT- I’m thoroughly “surprised” & impressed with this system. So far so good. This round of “success” will depend on: “do these solar panels really keep these cams going?” If so- mission accomplished.
    [​IMG]

bkcrrtnps likes this.
  11. bkcrrtnps

[​IMG]

You need to get a cell cam

12. RoosterCogburn

RoosterCogburn Active Member

considering testing the waters with cuddelink this season but concerned with battery life && also curious how they work with the cellular plans. Is the only option for cellular plans to buy the plan thru cuddeback?? Last year we bought 4 spartans & set them up on our existing Verizon plan (that our cell phones run on) & they just used the same data pool that our family cell phones use. Never an issue & got thousands of pics off of them. But sounds like cuddeback's system is different, you have to purchase thru them & pay by the # of pics?

13. bkcrrtnps

Battery life is great and dependent on settings, signal, etc. yes u have to purchase through Cuddeback but it’s fairly cheap....if you buy and don’t like Ill buy from you

RoosterCogburn likes this.
  14. WVWYOHntr

WVWYOHntr New Member

Has anyone tried running two home cameras? I have a home unit (which doesn’t have a camera), that I would like to put on my deck. I also have a cell camera, which I would like to setup for cell transmission.

15. jjohnson

jjohnson Well-Known Member

I dont believe this will work. One home per string of cams. You could setup a few with the cell base and a few with the other base on a different frequency.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bkcrrtnps likes this.
  16. Khughes2345

Khughes2345 PMA Member

What is everybody that’s running these getting for battery life?? Been reading up on them and love the idea but I don’t want to be changing batteries out on these things every few weeks. Also did I read right where majority of these cams take D batteries? So basically have to run solar panel on every cam to get extended battery life.

17. bkcrrtnps

3-4 months and they aren’t dead when I change them

18. Khughes2345

Khughes2345 PMA Member

that’s pretty good for regular D batteries. I would think you could get even more with lithium’s. Are you running the solar panels on your cameras? Heard they were pretty much out of stock of those.

Major complaint I’ve read is the battery life, other than that it’s all been pretty good reviews.

What settings do you have most cameras on to get 3-4 months + out of a set of batteries?

Thanks for the help

19. bkcrrtnps

My settings change based on where it’s at....mineral 3 min, trail or scrape 30 sec. I’ve never used lithium, have no desire to....

20. Sligh1

Sligh1 Administrator Staff Member

Trouble shooting for u cuddelink experts.....
    Put solar system on my cams (as the ultimate lithium’s are $15 per camera per swap & usually go a month or so)..... many of my solars are dying. I’ve got solars faced south - at great angle to get full sun. Went out with fully charged batteries and many aren’t making it past about 10 days. Any solutions or thoughts?!?!?!?

Second - antennas keep getting eaten. Can’t determine what is eating them?!? Antennas on backorder. Viable solutions there? Thx!

21. bkcrrtnps

What batteries are u using?