Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

CWD Podcast

Wasn't done,,computer shut down? At any rate the TB problem was pretty much a scam. Low deer numbers from the kill off did reduce hunter numbers though and that was a plus. Reducing the yearly Red army. Don't know if this CWD thing is similar. With regards to Global Warming. I have traveled many places over the past yrs. Alaska,,BC Canada,,Montana,,Wyoming,,N-Dakota,,S-Dakota,,UP of MI,,talked to many people. All agree Winters are not what they used to be. Even my wife and her family that home steaded in SW Iowa tell me stories of Winters that are hard for me to believe. I believe the Earth's Climate is warming. The cause? That is complicated. True the Fanatics have an agenda and are using this for their gain. Another thing though about Pollution by man. This is past debate. Just close your garage door and start your truck for awhile. Man should do all he can afford, to keep the air and earth clean,,as well as water. Iowa water? that is a whole other issue. Talk about polluted!

The big scare and kill off of the herd was a shame. It did lower Red Army numbers coming north to hunt so that was a plus. Is CWD a similar scam? I don't know. As far as Global Warming. It is true fanatics have used this issue for their own agendas, but I have traveled to many areas. Alaska,,Montana,WYoming,BC Canada,,S-Dakota,,N-Dakota,,UP of MI,,talked to many residents. They all agree Winters are not what they used to be. I believe the Climate is warming. My wife and her family farmed all their lives in SW Iowa. They tell me stories about Winters that I find hard to comprehend by todays standards.. The exact cause is complicated. Can man change it? doubtful...Should we try to keep the air and earth as clean as possible? Certainly. Does man pollute? Just close your garage door and start your truck and stay in there for awhile.

the climate is in a change thats for sure.. summers with little to no rain are the norm now.. maybe its a dry cycle maybe its a climate shift, i don't think you can blame one thing. but to deny that the climate isn't different than what it was 50 years ago is incorrect.

the climate is in a change thats for sure.. summers with little to no rain are the norm now.. maybe its a dry cycle maybe its a climate shift, i don't think you can blame one thing. but to deny that the climate isn't different than what it was 50 years ago is incorrect.
Climates always change. Always have, always will. Agree. Who causes it- one side will have u believe there’s no other argument to why or how & will do all they can to “destroy or discredit”. “Life as we know it could cease to exists”. Heard that about a host of issues for mankind & again, we hear same thing about deer “deer may go extinct”. Listen to facebook podcast above & listen to dr kroll address those types of claims about 1/2 way to 2/3rds way through.

The thing I always wonder is how everyone claims bait/mineral licks cause issues yet Drurys push anilogic for a healthier herd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YEP eating may help spread the stuff but the natural groomin and lickin deer do constantly with each other has to be a Major factor .

For the podcast I was referencing- the link doesn’t work. It’s with James kroll, ted nugent, jay Gregory. The guy who put it on is Jake latendresse. Go to Facebook and put in “latendresse media collective” & u can get the podcast they did this week. It’s very good!!!

In middle they had some audio problems but James kroll addresses: infection & death rates. He responds, with data & science the claims that cwd could cause exinction of whitetails (what we heard 2 weeks ago & what we’ve heard in last decade). They talk specifically about feeding deer: minerals, food plots, ex. Science on What spreads it, where research $ is coming from, threat to humans, etc. he does a really nice job!!!

• Deleted by Sligh1
Show…
I subscribe to the belief that the best path for CWD is Darwinism while continuing to research CWD. I can't wrap my head around how killing off the deer is going to help. Other measures may help, but I don't see attempted eradication as a viable solution.

It's about as stupid as saying they should have wiped out all the people in Africa when the AIDS epidemic was first identified. Dumb.

question for Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, etc folks.... does the DNR have full authority to trounce around private property on their eradication missions? That's a scary thought that brings a whole lot of "legal" questions into play.

I agree with IowaBowHunter1983. Let Mother Nature run its course.

As far a global warming goes, it think the “sheep” buying into the media’s global warming crap is par for the course. Try to remember from school that 300,000 years ago most of Iowa and upper third of Missouri were under a glacier. The climate warmed “changed” and it melted creating the southern Iowa drift plain. Then 20,000-30,000 years ago another glacier created the Northwest Iowa drift plain. Then it warmed and it melted. Then 16,500-21,000 years ago a glacier created the Iowan surface drift plain. It warmed and then 12,000-14,000 years ago the Des Moines lobe of the Wisconsin glacier extended down from Mason City to Spencer to Des Moines. So think as little as 12,000 years ago Ames was under a glacier. All of these warming and cooling events were taking place long before humans could have contributed. This earth has been warming and cooling long before humans were here and will be warming and cooling long after humans are gone. I think it pretty egotistical to think “we” are in control of this plant. That we can control the warming and cooling, the rise and fall of sea levels, etc. We have some control over pollution and the natural environment we live in to an extent. But as far as this earth is concerned as a whole, God made it and God will change it as he sees fit.

WE create a lot of Pollution, and the detractors of a warming earth think at least many of them,,that is matters little what we throw into the air and water. I have heard em spout this.

WE create a lot of Pollution, and the detractors of a warming earth think at least many of them,,that is matters little what we throw into the air and water. I have heard em spout this.
See, this just bugs the buck snot out of me. I know this thread is slightly sideways but this all ties back into the media and how we process the stories we hear, including those CWD headlines.

Sure, we've all heard on the news that CO2 is "polluting" the planet.
Fact is that CO2 is necessary for life as we know it, but they didn't tell me that.
Co2 is plant food!.....but they didn't tell me that.
Atmosphere CO2 is now 400PPM
Greenhouses optimum plant growing level is between 1000-2000 PPM(they pump it in)....but they didn't tell me that.
Airline cabin CO2 levels are as high as 5000 PPM...... but they didn't tell me that.
CO2 is NOT a pollutant, but the media links it to the "evil fossil fuels" and cars that long ago used to pollute. Fact is we burn fuel cleaner than we ever have in history. No sane person supports dirty water, dirty air and dirty oceans.

Pure and simple, news media is marketing and they have become masters of their delivery. Here's a few things I look for in ANY story I'm interested in....

1. Headlines with phrases like "latest evidence suggest..." "new study reveals that this or that may be linked to......." or "new research shows correlation between...". These headlines are almost always followed by a long story of laying out what will "likely" happen due to the new "evidence". Too often we sit back and absorb those stories and then spout off the new "facts" around the water cooler the next day.

2. News stories aren't newsworthy unless they are big. You think everything is really that big? Heck no, things get "inflated" all the time. If there wasn't a little (a lot) of doom and gloom then ratings are in the toilet and networks/news media goes out of business.

3. Every reporter is human. That means they have opinions...and you're going to get them. CNN or FOX, it doesn't matter. Whether it's a small but important piece left out of the story, or an outright verbal bashing, you WILL get that reporters opinion.

As we learn more and more about CWD, just remember this is still relatively new research and there are very few facts at the moment. There is a lot of "research that suggests", but very few thing are a certainty about it right now. Remember in the 80s? Cholesterol was bad, don't eat steak and eggs. Then there was good cholesterol, and some eggs and steak are OK, now there's good and bad cholesterol. Have they sorted this one out yet? I know so many farmers who only eat steak and eggs and live to mid 90s. All I know is that I just put down a 25 oz ribeye and it was excellent!! Eggs for breakfast!! :)

As far as media influence. I think many conservatives are followers of R L. You know who I mean. I am a conservative also. All I need to know about how man pollutes is to walk down my road. Take a flight into Denver or LA in Summer. Or take a gander at the water at Big Creek State Park during Summer. And the DNR warnings posted.

This is a subject I have actually researched a great deal in the past few weeks and days. Personally I subscribe to the belief that most of the mass hysteria surrounding CWD is manufactured hogwash. Here is very well written paper that was coincidentally presented to the Michigan DNR to try to curb their attempt to eradicate deer herds.

https://texasdeerassociation.com/wp...05/CURRENT-SCIENTIFIC-KNOWLEDGE-ABOUT-CWD.pdf

Last edited:
Upon further investigation I have discovered the true origin of CWD. Apparently you can just buy it and take it anywhere!
31edbba2e919bb07d77574d2dfa40221.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom