Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

mock rub/scrape trees

No I was not hunting him. Just helping put in foodplots and run cameras, and of course put in a couple rub trees. Congrats to Ryan on a very awesome buck.

Loved watching the journey of that bad boy. Thanks for sharing all the pics, that series there is just incredible.

Kratz

I absolutely would not be able to function knowing I had a deer like that on my property. I would mess it up 10 different ways before I ever got the chance to see him & fall out of my tree and/or soil my pants if he ever did show up. Not to mention my wife would leave me due to all the time I'd be spending looking at the pics, talking about the pics and chasing him.
Wow.

6x6 Thank you for sharing the photos. Western Iowa will never be the same again! Everyone wants to go to Southern Iowa, well not anymore! Lol!
SHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I think it migrated from southern Iowa and it was just a freak deal. Nothing more to see in western IA....move along people, move along.

Amazing animal! I am not sure my mind could process seeing a deer like that in the wild. Pretty sure I would just have a stroke! :D Thanks for sharing the pics! :way:

IowaDave said:
SHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I think it migrated from southern Iowa and it was just a freak deal. Nothing more to see in western IA....move along people, move along.

I think it was from Nebraska actually:)

-}}}---------->

Awesome Joe! It was fun following along during the velvet stage! Congrats to Ryan.
Now I can't look for his sheds! :( LOL

Thought I'd give it a go. Not sure what kind of brush I'm using here but it really has an odor when you rub the bark off. We'll see what happens! I've got the top and the bottom of the tree stuck in. No camera right on it but I have one about 10yds away on a water hole. I'll move it to the trees if they get hit.
DSC_0035.jpg

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
I like to put the first ones in, during the last week of august, so they are fresh for the velvet stripping pictures. Then the first week of October I usually replace them with bigger trees.

Put in a couple of small willow branches in one spot on Sunday, watered 'em and roughed 'em up a little...we'll see if they get touched! Gonna try larger ones closer to October near a couple other stands too.

Added bonus, my wife won't miss the lower branches in the yard.

Top Bottom