Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

220+ inch wounded buck (anyone ever seen him)

ksbooner

A buddy was telling me his story of this buck and I had to post it on this site. He jumped this buck and he then stalked it and another friend videod the stalk from a couple hundred yards away.

He made a bad shot on him and tracked him for the next 2 days. Found ALOT of blood but never did recover him.

He was shot by the Montgomery/Adams Iowa County line and ended up tracking him into Adams where it probably died.

If anyone has seen this deer dead, my buddy would do anything just to put his hands on him. This buck has given him alot of sleepless nights.

These pics are bad because they are off of the video.

Thanks alot and any help on this would make his day!

8859-200inch_hit_deer.jpg

8859-2_200inch_wounded_deer.jpg

8859-4_200inch_wounded_deer.jpg

8859-3_200_inch_wounded_deer.jpg

So, you're not sure if he is dead, just assuming, correct? What a BUMMER!!

He's 90% sure he's dead. He hit him in the neck and he bled like crazy but just didn't find him. It took him about an hour to tell the whole story of the stalk. It was unreal. I'd love him to see him in person even if someone did find him dead.

If you hit him in the neck and trailed him for a long ways, I think he ain't dead.

I dont' know if he would have died or not, but that rack would shake any body enough to cause a bad shot. My brother hit one with his bow the third week of Nov. in the neck. It was seen during the 1st shotgun season in Dec. alive. Was found dead by coyote hunters I believe in Feb. with his broadhead buried in the base of his neck. Who knows, they are tough critters. Good luck.

I doubt the shot killed him. Probably just neck meat, which would bleed pretty good for awhile. How far did he have blood to track? Then did it just peter out after awhile?

2 falls ago I hit a buck in the neck and it looked like I axe murdered 15 people in the timber for so much blood. I found the sheds off the buck in December and got trail cameras of him that next year.

I'd say he is more than likely alive. Whitetails are TOUGH critters.

I'm willing to bet that he's still alive, a neck shot with an arrow is only fatal if you actually break the neck or slice open their jugular/windpipe, both of which would require hardly any tracking.

That deer "jumped" the string bad, exactly why a 40 yard shot on an alert deer can be tough to make since he ducked big time by the time the arrow got there.

Last edited:
If he is dead, it would be because he smacked something and turned that arrow into something more vital. From the looks of it, he just got into that heavy muscle.

Hope he can get on him again this year! What a giant!

I heard of this! I live in Montgomery, don't know if anyone found him. I saw a buck like this earlyier in the season. Can't say it was him because it was in velvet. If it was him, I saw him south EAST (My bad) of Red Oak.

Could these two be related?
picture.php

Last edited:
I too think hes still kicking. Hope he healed up good and the shot/wound has no effect on this years rack. What a GIANT!!!

Top Bottom