Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buck nicknames ...

KANSAN

PMA Member
A couple questions ... what are some of the nicknames of bucks you've come up with over the years? And/or, what are some of the more common nicknames you've heard for big bucks over the years?

I named the big NT buck we videotaped in 2004 "Hellacious" because he was just that!

Blade - a buck that had bladed G 2's. Hoss was another one. Rocky - a buck we always got on film fighting. Crazy - had a NT rack. Named another NT Christmas Tree because one night when we saw him he had a piece of a cedar branch in his rack.

Lost-because it took 2 months to find him
barb wire buck- had about a foot of barb wire stuck in his rack

Tank, he was an 8 point main frame 2.5 year old with a huge body and great potential. Still walking and gonna be 5.5.
Texas, in one of the trailcam pics a buck looked super wide, his left side went way out.
Gonzo, he was a super stud 6x7 that when he first appeared on camera for the first and only time he just left you speechless.

Ivory, only buck I ever really nicknamed because he had really really white antlers both years I hunted him.

Bucks I've shot:

Rambo -rammed my decoy
Bigfoot -huge tracks
Sharky -bladed brows that looked like shark fins from the side
Mega Brow -huge split brows
Shredder -rubbing trees every time I saw him
Kickstand -droptine / kicker on one side
Socks -snuck in sock footed in a blizzard for the shot
All 4's -crawled on hands and knees for over 100 yards to get the shot
Lucky -named by other hunters that he had eluded, then I got lucky......fitting name
Rehab Mitch -goofy name. When I passed him the year before he reminded me of a smaller version of the Mitch Rompala buck. Then I shot him while still in rehab following a shoulder surgery. Ended up combining the names.

Bucks I've hunted or have history with:

Rocker -hunted for 3 years, landowner shot him. Main beams swept up like a rocking chair (170's)
Wideload -wide buck I'm hoping is still alive, didn't see him last year. (160+)
Tyrone -never got him, named after a magazine buck that he resembled (huge!)
Charlie -never got him, looked like a buck Charles Alsheimer had photographed (150's)
Dagger -never got him, had a 9+ inch dagger pointing forward off his base (160's)
Captain Hook -never got him, brow tines hooked out sharply (160's)
12 Pack -a main framed 12 I hunted on public land. He was later shot by another hunter. (170's)
Spades -a buck that I have 2 years of sheds from, never seen after a hunter wounded him. Main beams flattened out like a spade / shovel. (170's main framed 8)

I've been naming them for years so there are others that I've named that I've since forgotten.:way:

Last edited:
Wow Bowman! I just wish I could follow just one deer year after year to even give a nickname to. It'd be interesting to here the story of how Socks got his name.

Bucks I've chased:

Buskit
The Buck at the Farm
Offspring (same genetics as buck above)
Ace of Spades buck
Broke Back Buck

Kong - was my favorite, big main frame 8 that me and Muddster chased for a few years right when that Movie came out.

Blade, Brutus, Hightower, Junkie, Piggy, BIG SOB

Tom Selleck, Norm, Carl, Larry, Randy, The Situation... I've always been a fan of giving them people names...

Bucks that are on the farm alive:
Big 10- 180s
Bobtail- He has no tail whats so ever cut clean off. 170s
Blades- Browtines are bladed. 120s
Shorttined 8-Short tines. 125
Splits-11 pt. with one side with splitbrowtine. 140s
WhiteSocks- Button Buck with snow white legs about 6in. up on each leg.
Few other ones with no names yet.
Bucks I've shot:
Bruiser- 16 pts 150s
Spears- year before I killed him he grew a 6 in. spear that grew straight out by his browtine. 148
Big 8- Typical 8. 154
Split G-2 buck. 145
Neigbor shot:
Droptine- 12pt Double droptine buck. 8in. and a 12in. droptine
Big 6- 130in 6pt

I'm from MN so we have some typical names for our bucks too: Spiker, Fat forky, 'ol two Point, you get the idea.

Top Bottom