• Dear User,

We had issues in getting your old password work with the new version of the software, henceforth kindly Reset Your Password here

You won't be able to login with your old password

If you do not receive the Password reset request within a few minutes, please check your Junk / Spam E-mail folder just in case the email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select Not Junk, which will allow future messages to get through.

If you still need assistance, email [email protected]

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DEAR OTHER MIDWEST DEER STATES….. From: Iowa

Ishi

PMA Member
It will be a long time coming for the states with bad policies on whitetail hunting to change until the hunters unite and push changes or better yet DEMAND changes!!

pkostelecky

PMA Member
Correct
The meat and social hunters far far far outnumber hunters looking to exclusively harvest mature bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The main reason is because a lot of these hunters have had no experience with great mature deer and high numbers. They have never seen good hunting. This is what they are used to & they feel they need to shoot the first deer they see cuz it may be the last and typically that is a small buck. In MN where I live (Soon to move to Iowa) they protect the does and try kill every buck possible. The chances of a 4 or 5 year old are so slim and the gun season is the first weekend in November. So the hunters shoot the first buck they can.

Meat hunters which I am totally okay with, also shoot the buck because the doe is protected and what is usually behind the doe on opening morning?? That hunter would be totally fine shooting the doe but legally can't because the hunter only has a buck tag. The young bucks don't stand a chance here even though MN has great cover * habitat.

Some other state besides Iowa has to figure this out. Its not that difficult.

IowaBowHunter1983

Super Moderator
Staff member
MO is not concerned as much with the price of NR tag but the raw #s of people they can get to spend their $ in mo for sales tax revenues and pumping up the overall economy for tourism etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I make this point often, but I'll say it again..... there is a very large number of people that have moved to Iowa from other poorly managed states (myself included). I would love to know what that number is but it has to be in the multiple thousands. What is the economic impact from those people that are here full time for a lifetime? Hard to say, but it has to be in the hundreds of millions.

About this Discussion

Top Bottom