Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

GPS

muddy

Looking for an easy to use GPS unit that costs $200-$250. EASE of use is the main thing here please.

Any suggestions?

Lowrance..i-finder- I have the h20C, but it is mainly designed for fishing. They have one that is called the ifinder hunt, I believe...good units!

I would second the Ifinder.I as well as several others have bought them with no regrets.I was first,then they hesitated and bought the color models when they came out. I must say i would now pay the extra money for the color screen as it definately improves the distinction in geography.2 of us bought Ifinder pros and 1 bought the Ifinder hunt.All 3 can use the removable hotmaps chips and are easy to operate.Spring for the car power adapter and a R.A.M mount so it can be used handheld or any vehicle or boat that you have a R.A.M ball mounted.Also they have an accurate speed which comes in handy for spraying from an atv.

I'm looking for one to be used in hunting, fishing, and trapping. Very multi used, keep the suggestions coming.

Depends on what all features you want. Mapping? Compass that works with out moving? Auto tracking? Verbal turn commands? Your budget is the limiting factor. I've seen the next generation of my Garmin eTrex Ledgend C on the market with a package deal for around the price you are looking for. The up grades include a micro card that has alot more memory than mine. If you are looking for a hand held be sure you can use it with one hand. Mine is easy to use once you learn it.

If all you wanna do is mark the spot of your fishing hole, tree stand, last blood spot or trap, and find your way back to it one of the less expensive ones will do.

I find mine invaluable when traveling and trying to find a specific place. When I was in Maine a few weeks ago I was able to use my Garmin to choose a reasturant from a preloaded data base based on cuisine, hit find, and it drew me a map right to it and told me when and which direction to turn. When I use it deer hunting I mark my stand so I can always keep myself oriented when looking for a blood trail. I can measure the distance from where I hit the deer to the stand, mark individual blood spots and measure between the spots and find my way back to the last spot.

Anyway, its a great tool and a fun toy.

The 'Bonker

The GarmenETrex are the ones we have at work, they are pretty simple to operate. Still looking at all possibilities though.

Muddy- if you are using it for fishing then the i-finder is the way to go, with the chips!

Lowrance is the leader in GPS technology!

Super Super easy to run!

Go with the etrex. Cheap, easy to use, you're familiar with it, and it will do everything you want it to. I've used it to mark stands, trails, turkeys on the roost at night and to map food plots. The mapping feature is great once you figure it out. It marks points fast enough to hold it out of the truck window and drive around the plot. Even gives you the acreage of the plot once you finish. With the appropriate software you can map it all out. The cheaper models do more than many owners realize. Just go through the owners manual once you buy one. No sense having more than you need/want and not knowing about it.

I can't say about the best models, but I just heard from someone who is in the "business" as far as sales of all types of GPS units including the types being used in cars...

he says prices will be dropping by quite a bit after the first of the year.

Take it for what it's worth but if your not in a big hurry it might pay to wait
smirk.gif

Not for me anyway, was trying to get ideas for a buddy of mine, thanks for the replies.

Top Bottom