• Dear User,

    We had issues in getting your old password work with the new version of the software, henceforth kindly Reset Your Password here

    You won't be able to login with your old password

    If you do not receive the Password reset request within a few minutes, please check your Junk / Spam E-mail folder just in case the email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select Not Junk, which will allow future messages to get through.

    If you still need assistance, email [email protected]

    We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

HF 60 NR tag allocation for outfitters

Fishbonker

Life Member
This bill is once again on the full committee agenda. The meeting was set yesterday for today at 1300. This bill has been on the agenda several times but hasn't been called for any discussion/vote.

Link to public comments: Comment here

Link to watch it live click here: Live meeting link
 

Fishbonker

Life Member
The committee recommended amendment and do pass11-8 with 2 absent.

We won't know the amendment, if there is indeed one, until it is published.
 

Duckriver

Active Member
So it seems this is going to go thru without a more outspoken approach. There was 10 comments on committee version. 8 against and 2 for outfitter tags..... but it still passed committee.
Time to get loud if your against this bill.
 

ElkFever2

Member
I emailed D - Breckenridge (he is my rep, and also sat on the subcommittee), to see what his vote and position was, and if there are any good reasons to support this bill. With the subcommittee voting 2-0 it appears that one member abstained, but I didn't want to just assume it was him since the other two were Republicans.
 

IowaBowHunter1983

Super Moderator
Staff member
I emailed D - Breckenridge (he is my rep, and also sat on the subcommittee), to see what his vote and position was, and if there are any good reasons to support this bill. With the subcommittee voting 2-0 it appears that one member abstained, but I didn't want to just assume it was him since the other two were Republicans.
Wes Breckenridge emailed me back and said he voted no in committee and would be voting no on the floor.....
 

IowaBowHunter1983

Super Moderator
Staff member
Who should we be contacting on HF 60 now that it is out of subcommittee? Anyone other than our own individual legislators?
This is all of the house members.

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]
 

Hardwood11

It is going to be a good fall!
This reminds me of Bitcoin, I don't understand it! So what if you say you are hunting with an outfitter, how would they know the difference? Who checks on this? Confusing
 

ElkFever2

Member
The committee recommended amendment and do pass11-8 with 2 absent.

We won't know the amendment, if there is indeed one, until it is published.
Spoke with Breckenridge today. The amendment was to more narrowly define “outfitter” such that eligibility for getting one of the 500 set-aside tags is restricted to actual outfitters rather than just anyone who sets up a shell company LLC.
 

Fishbonker

Life Member
This bill has a new number and language that defines what an outfitter is.

Link to the revised bill: HF 806

In my opinion it does take away the ability for a NR to self guide unless they were registered as an outfitter prior to July of 2020.

The bill also gives legitimacy to outfitters by recognizing them as a business and once that happens they will continue to demand an increase in NR tags.

I had a very long conversation at the Classic with a gentleman whom I had contact with years ago but lost track of him over the years. He worked as a guide for outfitters in MO and IA. His opinion now was outfitters only care about the bottom line and conservation and customer service goes out the window. He was very concerned about how much land these outfitters have leased and have control over. His opinion was Iowa needs regulations to control them. I respect his opinion and it deserves consideration. I think that once they have recognition we will not be able to control them.

The other part of this is, as the bill is currently written, the out fitter must be registered as an outfitter prior to July 2020 but that could change as well.
 

IowaBowHunter1983

Super Moderator
Staff member
One response I received (gives you a little insight into who is pushing this)


Bohannan, Christina [LEGIS]​

4:21 PM (4 hours ago)
to me
Dear Rob—

SarahP here, Rep Bohannan’s legislative clerk. We’re in an urban district, so this isn’t something she sees a lot, but I know she’d be fully supportive of your stand on this. Personally, as I used to live on a timber acreage, I know how many hunters knocked on my door every year asking permission to hunt on my land (we allowed one bowhunter, one muzzle loader, and a shotgun hunter who was teaching his daughter to hunt). And those hunting tags shouldn’t be any harder to get. Anyway, this is a Republican proposed and led bill, and those are the people you should check in with. Specifically, you could email the representative who is running this bill, Representative Charlie McClintock. You can reach him at [email protected]. And check in with your own House Rep as well. You can look them up here:
https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislators/find


They need to hear from you on this.

Good luck!
SarahP
 

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Great stuff above. Folks - please keep these going out. Your messages - CRITICAL!!!! Don’t let iowa go the way of IL or many others - one step at a time. You MUST take 5-10 mins to write in!!! This will make or break this.
 

Butch973

New Member
Emails sent! I have friends who like to come hunt from out of state and they are already having to wait 4 and now 5 yrs to draw a bow tag. Taking 500 more tags away from the existing pool is ludicrous. All the outfitters I know care little about conservation, herd management, and are only in it for the money. Such a joke! ‍
 

Schowaltbh17

New Member
I sent my opposition to this to all 100 house member emails and also received two responses so far pointing out that Charlie McClintock ([email protected]) in district 95 is running this bill.

At minimum, it’d be great if we could keep emails going out to our own house reps voicing our concerns to this with McClintock included or copied.

I can’t speak to all outfitters, but I don’t see many of them shooting does and keeping our great deer herd balanced and healthy on all the ground they are gobbling up control over from residents. We need to get loud on this one and hold the line.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

hillrunner

PMA Member
I've been trading respectful emails back and forth with Terry Baxter on this and other outdoor issues. I believe he he has good intentions but he is not with us on this one. In fact, I don't think anyone with an R by their name has responded in agreement with me.
 

sep0667

Land of the Whitetail
I sent an email to my representative and cc'd McClintock.

From my earlier email yesterday where I emailed the huge list of everyone I have received a few emails back thanking me and stating they will be voting no.
 
Top Bottom