Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa resident question

buberwin

My uncle is a Florida resident but also has a house in Iowa he lives in about 6 months a yr. can he get a resident Iowa tag or will he need to draw for a non resident license?

Most likely will have to draw for a NR tag. One cannot claim dual residency if he is a resident of another state. If you get a hold of a regulations booklet they explain the requirements pretty well.

I think you pretty much answered your own ? With the "My Uncle is a Florida resident"!!!

Wasn't sure how the laws went since he does own a house and land and pays taxes on them in IOWA, thanks to the guys that gave a decent response and weren't a D-Bag about it!

buberwin said:
Wasn't sure how the laws went since he does own a house and land and pays taxes on them in IOWA, thanks to the guys that gave a decent response and weren't a D-Bag about it!

Kind of a D-Bag question if you ask me.

My uncle is a Florida resident, can he buy an Iowa resident tag?

I thought the responses were fair and yet you started name calling.

Owning property and being a resident are totally unrelated.

Last edited:
Anything that smells like Non-Residents coming over here and shooting our deer we don't like! Especially when they own land here!!

If he lives in both places 6 months a year I would say it's a matter of where he wants to be considered a resident, where he wants to vote, and have a driver's license. My Iowa resident neighbor resides in Florida 4 months out of the year, but maintains his driver's license, voter registration, etc. in Iowa. I think the law requires your uncle to reside in Iowa for 90 days prior to claiming residency, if he lives in Iowa 6 months out of the year legitimately I think its his choice, but he can't do both.

Anything that smells like Non-Residents coming over here and shooting our deer we don't like! Especially when they own land here!!
Shooting your deer? So you're the guy I thank every time put a monster on the wall?
Or do I thank my friends that invite me down to hunt with them every year?
:thrwrck:

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
If he lives in both places 6 months a year I would say it's a matter of where he wants to be considered a resident, where he wants to vote, and have a driver's license. My Iowa resident neighbor resides in Florida 4 months out of the year, but maintains his driver's license, voter registration, etc. in Iowa. I think the law requires your uncle to reside in Iowa for 90 days prior to claiming residency, if he lives in Iowa 6 months out of the year legitimately I think its his choice, but he can't do both.

Spot on.

Have a relative that does the same thing and claims Iowa

as his residency. State he splits with actually sent a questionairre asking

which state he claims as residency.

If I was him, i would be an iowa resident who lives in florida 6 months of the year. Just saying.

My uncle is a Florida resident but also has a house in Iowa he lives in about 6 months a yr. can he get a resident Iowa tag or will he need to draw for a non resident license?

If you have not noticed yet...this is a touchy subject. :D

• Deleted by N/A
Show…

If your referring to me as a dirt bag! I thought I was just saying how it was! If ya wanna hear dirtbag! I'll lay it out for you! I think most that know me on here can agree I can do it! :way: Good Luck!!!!:D

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom