Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Land prices / insane!!!

No realtor involved. Just a phone call from a guy that is handling the estate.
Asking 1000 per acre.
Smack dab in the middle or an area that is known for BIG deer. Good access to it also.
These deer can easily die of old age.
VERY LITTLE hunting pressure! unheard of nowadays.
Wont/can't discuss anymore details yet.
I'm personally not interested for 2 reasons, I'm to old for that now and Biden has effed up things so bad, I couldn't afford it but, I called a buddy and he about did backflips.
Should know more next few days.
How much swamp ? Sounds good, but I know NW Minnesota has affordable land .

How much swamp ? Sounds good, but I know NW Minnesota has affordable land .
Acres in low swampy areas are maybe 120ish. Uplands with oak,poplar,ash n spruce the rest. Ag fields on 2 sides.
These bucks can get old here!
I'll explain later when he signs the papers. He's so excited about this, as I would be to if I was younger. This is WORLD CLASS!.

A 40 acre parcel all wooded, just sold this weekend for around $4800/acre in West Central MN. Nice location, good hunting, very buildable. This was one of the highest sales in our county for an all wooded parcel. The trend is still up. Three years ago, I paid $2500/acre for a mix of good crop land and timber!

Well my buddy passed on it.
He scouted it out and even though it's such a super big buck spot, there was just not enuff high ground to do much recreational stuff.
He's super bummed out!
This land is on a bowhunting only area. 1000s of acres of Supreme deer habitat with very minimal pressure. I've seen so many big old bucks here it's nuts!

Well my buddy passed on it.
He scouted it out and even though it's such a super big buck spot, there was just not enuff high ground to do much recreational stuff.
He's super bummed out!
This land is on a bowhunting only area. 1000s of acres of Supreme deer habitat with very minimal pressure. I've seen so many big old bucks here it's nuts!
Is that in a archery only township ?

Eastern polk.
I'd be very interested to know where this is. 160 acres in Polk for only 1,000 an acre? If its all swamp I can only really think of along the DSM river. Archery only, so this must be in city limits. I have an idea where this may be, just can't imagine that price.

Ah, that changes things a bit (NW Minnesota vs IA). From what little I know about Northern MN land values, they differ dramatically from IA. Still, sounds like an intriguing opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Ha Ha!! I remember you posting that you’re from Minnesota! You got a lot of hopes up
Ishi, this area is World class.
Roughly 3x3 miles of archery only. There is about 1700 acres of public that abuts this land and very few hunting.
The rest is private owed and has extremely low pressure.
A true GEM!
Not a place where your gonna plant food plots. Looks great from the road but once in there, it's fricken nasty!!
This is one spot I can say, deer can actually die of old age.

I know MN is much lower than iowa BUT…. $1k an acre for rec Ground with excellent hunting - i don’t know how a guy will ever see a better deal than that. In iowa- roughest of rough with decent hunting is still probably $3k bare bones minimum…. (Unless it goes underwater or they sold off to WRP program). This land will sell for sure.

On the rec land side of things…. Each day that goes by makes my GUT say we closer to recession. Closer to things slowing way down. 4-12 months we have a softening to major correction.

On AG side of things- again- looks really strong for a while yet BUT….. one has to acknowledge the similarities to the 1980’s with: high commodity prices, high inflation & rising interest rates. We know how that worked out. Not saying it’ll be the same or not BUT - sure is the major similarities!!!

The 160 abutts 1600 acres of public but very few hunt it because it a nasty Swamp.
I drive by it almost every day and even the last week of oct/first week Nov, there are days not a single truck parked.
Those young guys from THP would have a ball there.
I have several prime higher-end acres to hunt that border it. I don't like getting my feet wet anymore.
Lots of BIG/Older bucks here.
Several Whitetail Properties agents

have land real close..

This piece has not been advertised yet. Only me and a couple others know about it being for sale.

On AG side of things- again- looks really strong for a while yet BUT….. one has to acknowledge the similarities to the 1980’s with: high commodity prices, high inflation & rising interest rates. We know how that worked out. Not saying it’ll be the same or not BUT - sure is the major similarities!!!
I saw an article that said over 80 percent of Iowa farm ground has no mortgage on it. I think that's the biggest difference to the 80s.
I have a farm i want to sell at the end of the year, I'm hoping things stay together until i get it sold.

You are correct. It’s an ISU study that shows 80 percent of Iowa land is handed down, gifted, inherited by family, not sold to residents or NRs, with no or little debt. It’ll be fine.

This reminds me of the meritless panic in 1999 when many thought computer systems would go haywire when the year 2000 rolled around.

There’s many differences between now and the 1980s. Can’t compare the ag commodities market to the rec market that didn’t exist in 1980.

If you’re waiting for rec ground to decline, don’t hold your breath.

Last edited:
Top Bottom