Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Miscanthus x Gianteus

If we stay in the drought what's the chances of the rhizomes living? Want to plant some as well but scared with the weather we have been in the past yrs?
I planted some this past year. It was the worst drought I have ever seen. However, it went in early and we had good rain up until June so it must have rooted itself pretty good. It all survived. This was in pretty good soil. If it was marginal soil, I think it probably would have died.

If we stay in the drought what's the chances of the rhizomes living? Want to plant some as well but scared with the weather we have been in the past yrs?
That’s always a gamble. If you get them in early spring - success goes up. Earlier the better imo. Most years- u likely will be just fine.

Where did you source your miscanthus? I’ve been looking at Real World, but it seems pricey for a screen compared to other shrub/tree plantings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone spray quinclorac on miscanthus to get rid of foxtail.? Safe? (I am pretty confident it's fine but I've never tried it)

Tried some MG for the first time this year. Put about 3000 rhizomes in the ground on 4/29.
Got a couple decent rains early and it's off to a great start so far.

Attachments

• 20230610_151611.JPG
    20230610_151611.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 87
This time of year is getting late for treating foxtail, it can be harder to control with quinclorac as it gets more mature. YMMV

Top Bottom