Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

muley hunt

cfalck

thinking about doing a muley hunt next year.. SD/ND/Neb?? thinking there because otc tags. Anyone have and recommendations on which state? The more remote the better. thanks!

I vaguely recall that certain SD tags can be used for either whitetail or mule deer, your choice. You might want to look into that to keep your options open if you happen to stumble onto a big whitetail while looking for a muley.

Arizona has OTC tags and you can go after whitetail (Coues) or muley, including big desert muleys. Season opened Friday through 12 Sept and again mid-Dec.

Nebraska has some big public land in the sandhills and northwest corner. Archery and Muzzleloader are OTC tags and good for Whitetails or Muleys. The muzzleloader season runs the entire month of December. I hunted the sandhills with a guide a couple of years ago and would love to go back.

AZhunter how much it mule deer tags in Arizona, non resident tags and license? Id love to spot n stalk big mulies, i live in Western ky and all we have is big whitetails. Also does anyone else on here kno how much NR mule deer tags are in Neb? Thanks guys

I hunted mule deer in Nebraska in 2011 and South Dakota in 2012. I hunted basically the same area, being right on the border both times. In Nebraska I hunted the Crawford, Hatcreek and Montrose area. Then in South Dakota the Hatcreek, Provo area. Great opportunity in both states and more public land than a man could hunt in a lifetime. I recommend going because spot and stalk hunting is a blast and even more accomplishing when in its DIY on public land!

In fact, I'll be back in Nebraska in two weeks.....Sept 15-21st.......I'm JACKED!!!!!

Here are some pics, links and a video from my hunts.

http://trophypursuit.com/update/173

http://trophypursuit.com/update/164

Has anyone hunted NW Nebraska during the firearm season in November? I am thinking of trying to make a trip out to the Sandhill/Pine Ridge/Plains part of the state this fall and I am wondering how packed it would be on public during a gun season. Reading the NE Big Game regulations look like deer numbers have declined some last year but the thought of new scenery and a chance of a mule deer gets me all excited.

Any thoughts or reccomendations would be appreciated, PM me if you would like.

Top Bottom