Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

November movement

Lots of chasing, courting here. Unfortunately all 3 year olds and younger. The only mature buck I've seen was two days ago and he was locked down pretty good.

Best day of the year for me. Deer moved basically all day. 17 sightings, 11 bucks. Had our number 1 at 43 yards at 9:00...didn't want to shoot that far so he walked.

I second that. Yesterday was best day for movement I've seen by far. Other than a patch from 12:30 to 2:30 I saw deer all day.

Clarke has been good the last few days, have seen mature bucks on their feet on cam and from the stand. Have only seen one mature buck chasing but have had them with does on camera

Clarke has been good the last few days, have seen mature bucks on their feet on cam and from the stand. Have only seen one mature buck chasing but have had them with does on camera

Been the opposite for me in Clarke unfortunately. Send some my way. Been just youngins and yearlings.

I've seen 3 1/2 year olds locked down with does the past 3 days in southern Clayton county. No movement in the woods while sitting in a stand or on my cams. The mature bucks have disappeared, so I'm assuming they are locked down also.

Had #1 buck run a doe thru and come back twice with no shot Monday morning-11. Woods was lit up all thru the afternoon. Same buck back at 2:00. Numerous bucks chasing all day Monday and then again Tuesday evening. This morning till 11 was really slow.

Saw the most activity today. Up until 11. Unfortunately no shooters... One buck tried to hump my doe decoy. Knocked the legs off and he was on it while it lay sideways on the ground. Funny..

Hunted public ground today (first time for that). Saw a decent buck cruising about 100-150yds away at 9am. Grunt - no response. Doe bleat - no response. Hit the horns together and he came to me on a string. He circled around me and ended up 30 yds out. Nice looking 8pt buck but too young for shooting. He then went towards my buddy's stand and apparently grew 4 more points and aged a couple years. :). Then around 10:15 had a young 6 pt running a doe's tail off. Fun to watch. I wonder if he caught her. ;).

Was out today and seen a nice 160+ ten running with two does while retrieving my vandalized stand.

Hunted public ground today (first time for that). Saw a decent buck cruising about 100-150yds away at 9am. Grunt - no response. Doe bleat - no response. Hit the horns together and he came to me on a string. He circled around me and ended up 30 yds out. Nice looking 8pt buck but too young for shooting. He then went towards my buddy's stand and apparently grew 4 more points and aged a couple years. :). Then around 10:15 had a young 6 pt running a doe's tail off. Fun to watch. I wonder if he caught her. ;).

Ha ha...how much did the score increase??

^^^^ I'd been doing so well I pulled up stakes and headed for southern Iowa public. Go figure.

Would have liked to been in a tree for the last 30 minutes after the storm rolled through today.

was out all day today(11/11) and saw only one little 8. thought it would be great with the cold front coming thru late aft.

From the stand I have seen very little rut activity this year. I have seen some bucks searching, but nothing crazy. Only a couple bucks have I seen actually chasing does. Has not been very good action for me this year.

Braved the wind tonight. Got to the stand around 330 and it was still blowing good. Ended up calming down the last 45 minutes or so. I had a shooter 9 following two does across the CRP towards me. He was interested in them but not to the point of not letting them leave his sight. The does went in the timber and the buck turned around and went where he came from. I tried to grunt but something was wrong with my tube and couldn't get a sound out of it. I snort wheezed and he turned around and headed my way. I thought it was gonna happen then he stopped at 50 yds and hung up. He went into the timber, I assumed trying to circle down wind. I never did see him circle. Anyway...not a bad night.

Top Bottom