Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

November movement

Out this morning--hot doe with two 150+ bucks on her heels at 605. Two more mature bucks about 730. Total of 18 deer--real mix of chasing but still some does and fawns together. Last night was the quietest hunt I've had all year.

Guess I shoulda been out this AM! Had another commitment. Still slow here tonite. One confused yearling & a doe who obviously was NOT the "one hot one". She had zero followers.

On kid duty tonight so took them on a quick drive at sunset. Lots of deer in the fields with a little chasing but nothing major. One 3 year old 10pt was pushing a doe pretty good and chasing off younger bucks. That doe was obviously heating up

This morning was pretty quiet. This afternnon from 3:00 on was awesome. 8 different buck, 2.5-3.5, all coming into the grunt tube and bleat.

I hunted this morning and didn't see anything evening hunt seen a couple just small ones but just went on a beer run and seen a 160 that didn't have a care in the world and let us get 35 yards from him tomorrow morning should be good

Saw 23 does and fawnd last night, no Bucks, setting a different farm this morning, have seen 2 boone N crocket squirrels

I think bucks are locked down right now right here. Wind was horrible for where I wanted to sit this morning so I'm putting on some miles. Bucks with does everywhere in the open. Saw the buck I missed 2 miles from where I saw him last night with a doe. So discouraging. Also saw 2 new mature deer on a doe in a fenceline. Waiting for nap time to possibly slip in on them.

Absolutely amazine morning here in NW, Iowa! Must have had a hot doe in the area becuase there was a monster and a smaller buck going nuts running full bore with their noses to the ground in the field across the road. Saw a buck chasing a doe hard in the same field but couldn't tell if it was the same one or not....only saw them for a second.
Had a basket rack come right underneath me and at the same time saw a nice buck and a medium one 200 yards away. Was unsure what to do and came to the conclusion that if they saw the basket rack bolt maybe they'd think a bigger one ran him off. Grunted and the medium one acted like he wanted to come but the bigger one paid no attention (the basket rack did indeed bolt off, but didn't snort). Went 'all in' and hit the horns together & the bigger one came in on a string! Put an arrow in him, but haven't recovered him yet. Gonna give him till about 10:30 and see what we find. Found my arrow and have good blood, so hopefully I'll have his rack in my hands later this morning!
Drove around for a bit afterwards & there were still deer running around at 9:15.

Hunted around home on friday. Lots of rutting action. 2 120-130 inch bucks dogging hot does. Seen 20 plus deer that night.

Went to allamakee county on saturday. Literally no rutting action at all. Hunted both morning and night. Bucks weren't even interested in does yet.

Saw 19 does in a cut bean field last night, 1 buck and he was scent checking....I can't believe only 1 buck was at that party....

IMO I think we re looking at a trickle rut this year. My first sign of the rut was on Oct 26. Not seeing it every day. Nov 6 was also a good day for rutting activity. But it's just been spotty at best.

Best week for mature buck movement according to my cams was October 25-31. Same exact thing last year. Better movement for pre-rut than rut I guess. That's just my neck of the woods.

Absolutely amazine morning here in NW, Iowa! Must have had a hot doe in the area becuase there was a monster and a smaller buck going nuts running full bore with their noses to the ground in the field across the road. Saw a buck chasing a doe hard in the same field but couldn't tell if it was the same one or not....only saw them for a second.
Had a basket rack come right underneath me and at the same time saw a nice buck and a medium one 200 yards away. Was unsure what to do and came to the conclusion that if they saw the basket rack bolt maybe they'd think a bigger one ran him off. Grunted and the medium one acted like he wanted to come but the bigger one paid no attention (the basket rack did indeed bolt off, but didn't snort). Went 'all in' and hit the horns together & the bigger one came in on a string! Put an arrow in him, but haven't recovered him yet. Gonna give him till about 10:30 and see what we find. Found my arrow and have good blood, so hopefully I'll have his rack in my hands later this morning!
Drove around for a bit afterwards & there were still deer running around at 9:15.

Found him!! :D Pics to come!

Top Bottom