• Dear User,

We had issues in getting your old password work with the new version of the software, henceforth kindly Reset Your Password here

You won't be able to login with your old password

If you do not receive the Password reset request within a few minutes, please check your Junk / Spam E-mail folder just in case the email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select Not Junk, which will allow future messages to get through.

If you still need assistance, email [email protected]

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Plum thicket

Jwest

Did some searching on here but didn’t find exactly what I was looking for. Has anyone planted American plums with sole purpose of them to create a thicket? Spacing recommendations?

I have a small section of cedars that I will be cutting down and was looking to plant plums in their place. The cedars are way to thick and d bottom half of the trees are all dead branches . Area is smaller than a quarter acre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

northcedar

I have a few quarter acre sized american plum thickets. Here are a few pics of what they looked like at age 4. Now, a few years later, they've filled in even a lot more. I was trying to stay on row from previously planted trees, so these are 12' between rows and about 8-9' between shrubs. Even after leaf drop I think you can consider them to be cover. A doe I shot last weekend died underneath one of them.

plum.jpgplum1.jpgplum2.jpg

Hardwood11

It is going to be a good fall!
Yes I have in Minnesota. Mostly rows, but they sucker now, and I’ve got multiple plum thickets !

Good for the deer and pheasant!

Jwest

Probably area/deer population dependent, but did you guys tube them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MNDave

Tubes make a big difference. Did both with and without. Without tree tubes no growth to dead. With tree tubes good growth, by year 3 over 6ft tall

About this Discussion

Top Bottom