Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scrapes are gettin hot

iowabucks

It's about time they started moving. Alot of busy scrapes. My best week yet. I want to harvest one of these guys and have a good before/after pic. This farm has been a hard one to hunt. I get all kinds of good pics, but the big bucks never show up while i am hunting. Never.

All pics are from homebrew P41's, and an S40.
DSC03223_(Small).JPG

DSC03254_(Small).JPG

DSC02911_(Small).JPG

DSC03169_(Large)_(Small).JPG

DSC03208_(Small).JPG

DSC03329_(Small).JPG

Man....great pictures...I'd have the horns working the rattle thing. How could you not hunt that area with that many quality deer around.

Wow, it looks like you've got a few bruisers walking around in daylight hours! GET OUT THERE AND GET'EM!

That first buck gets my attention....

Checked six cams tonight and finally had bucks on all cams.

Been a tough Summer for buck pics with no rain to fill the creek.

Looks like an awefully fun November for you!

Good luck and thanks for sharing the pictures with us.....keeps the blood pump'n if ya know what I'm talk'n about!
grin.gif

laugh.gif
Finally ! Nice pics ! The last 2 nights around 6:00 in the evening the bucks are starting to run! Heads down to the ground ! Next 3 weeks will be great !

Iowabucks:

Seriously, if you never see bucks when you hunt this farm then you really need to re evaluate your strategy. This happend to me a couple years ago on a piece that had great bucks....I just never saw them. Might want to start with your stand locations and then your entrance/exit. With bucks on trail cam like that you should be seeing them.....

You have enough time right now to re set stands and give them a little rest time before hunting. Not preaching, just giving you my thoughts.......good luck!!

Like buck #1 and buck #5 ALOT!! Those are some seriously sweet pictures. Good luck on those bad boys!
laugh.gif

Great Deer!
grin.gif
Good luck with them. Overall, the bucks are hitting scrapes more recently. They are getting ready for the rut. We have one camera on one of three scrapes in a line so I will probably have pictures for Monday.

HunterMan
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

Awesome pictures and some serious bone there to pursue. I bet with some all day sits come Nov. 7-10 one of those bad boys will stumble through

The more I hunt mature bucks... specifically those that are 4.5 years and older, the more I am convinced that the vast majority of their major movements are under the cover of darkness.... the 'Rut' is the one time frame that they will break this habit to some degree....

As Barry Wensel has said... there is only one thing that is halfway predictable about a mature whitetail buck... that is how he will travel across terrain.

I would advise you to take your aerial photos and topo maps and really give them a good looking over. Get your self setup in the best funnels your piece of ground has over the next two weeks. Religiously hunt the wind... NO exceptions. Persistance will pay off if you are willing to put in the hours in stand, and hunt the wind...

Good luck...
waytogo.gif
I look forward to seeing your picture with one of those brutes.....

Top Bottom