• Dear User,

We had issues in getting your old password work with the new version of the software, henceforth kindly Reset Your Password here

You won't be able to login with your old password

If you do not receive the Password reset request within a few minutes, please check your Junk / Spam E-mail folder just in case the email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select Not Junk, which will allow future messages to get through.

If you still need assistance, email [email protected]

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

Talk to me about crimpers

IowaBowHunter1983

Super Moderator
Staff member
As I no tilled beans into several standing rye plots Saturday I was thinking.... man I should get a crimper.

Holy expensive! Why? They seem so simple.

Wonder how a cultipacker would do. Obviously not as good, but good enough?

chadw

We were planning on getting a crimper for knocking down winter rye for the spring plot, and then buckwheat for the fall plots. But after consulting with Adam Keith from Land and Legacy, he said that since we already notill He advised that since we use a notill drill, crimper isn’t needed.

Crimper comes from the notill ag world where they use it in place of chemical.

He convinced me not to get one.

If you do decide to move forward, I have a contact in Missouri who makes them much cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bassattackr

We were planning on getting a crimper for knocking down winter rye for the spring plot, and then buckwheat for the fall plots. But after consulting with Adam Keith from Land and Legacy, he said that since we already notill He advised that since we use a notill drill, crimper isn’t needed.

Crimper comes from the notill ag world where they use it in place of chemical.

He convinced me not to get one.

If you do decide to move forward, I have a contact in Missouri who makes them much cheaper.

I've heard of guys just using their FEL to knock it down with drill attached behind them. Just lower to ground and raise front edge up a touch.. Single pass. I plan to try this next spring for my rye.

Top Bottom