Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Timing of Lime and Fertilizer question

I'm planning on frost seeding some white clover this winter/early spring on an existing clover plot. I'd also like to add about 200 lbs of lime and the same of 6-24-24. The plot is approx 1 acre in size. When is the best time to apply the lime and fertilizer? Can I apply the same time as I frost seed or should I wait until early spring, maybe prior to a rain?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcheryHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm planning on frost seeding some white clover this winter/early spring on an existing clover plot. I'd also like to add about 200 lbs of lime and the same of 6-24-24. The plot is approx 1 acre in size. When is the best time to apply the lime and fertilizer? Can I apply the same time as I frost seed or should I wait until early spring, maybe prior to a rain? </div></div>

You can apply both now, the nitrogen in the mix will however be lost.

I think I would apply that in the spring just ahead of a good rain. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Top Bottom