Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

trapping

So far we have caught 10 grinners, 3 coon, and one beaver foot.. had some yotes get away also.. definately a learning experience.. anyone know what possums bring? We caught a neat looking black possum today

I agree with the notion that there are man more trappers out this year. Four or five years ago I couldn't get someone to trap my farm, now there are sets EVERYWHERE in the ROW all around the neighborhood.

Nevertheless, I did my part in clearing out some egg eaters this weekend. I got seven possums and 1 coon today and 3 coons and 4 possums the first day.

Go getem boy's. I wish I lived closer to where I hunt. I think getting into trapping would be a blast.

Anyone have some recommendations on fur buyers? Anywhere between south central to central to southwest Iowa would be great. Planning on doing some trapping next week when I take off for bow hunting. Thanks for the advice.

Anyone have some recommendations on fur buyers? Anywhere between south central to central to southwest Iowa would be great. Planning on doing some trapping next week when I take off for bow hunting. Thanks for the advice.

If you get on the trapperman website there's a fur directory with numbers and locations of a lot of the buyers in iowa.

I'll work on some pics starting tomorrow morning. Running traps before work blows when you start work at 545. Starting tomorrow I'm on vacation to trap and hunt so I will get some pics if the fur cooperates.

20131104_060925_zps54aa36f2.jpg

Crappy pic. Was in a hurry, couldn't get the yote and coon in the double to stand still for a picture, so I made them still. I'll work on my photography skills in the coming days.

Put 9 DP's in the hay mow of this barn.. I've never seen so much coon doodoo in one place, heaping piles everywhere.. We ended up with two big sows in there this morning. I climbed up into the hay mow and noticed it looked like one of the DP's had fallen out the door. Upon further inspection, somehow this sow managed to weasel her way out of the crack in the latched door.. She was hanging dead.. Don't really know how she died other than maybe suffocation? I also have no idea how she made it out the little crack of that door.

1462984_10151987419534609_1368719484_n.jpg

I caught 1 coon in 2 220s...shoulda spaced them out a little

Ha.. that kinda stinks! We had a little coon this morning with both of his front feet in a DP.. I thought that was strange.. Saw a video on youtube of a coon that had one foot in one dp and his other front foot in another dp.. That coon definately wasn't the brightest crayon in the box!

My brother trapping.
Instead of taking off two weaks for the rut he takes it off for trapping. He loves it. Sunday he ended up with 39 coon and 2 beavers. As of today he had 82 coon and 4 beavers and 4 rats and 28 grinners.
He flesches them and stretches them then in takes them to the fur auction in Madison.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Its crazy Bill half the guys at the company he works for take off for trappin. Hes pulling traps today on dried up farms and heading to fresh farms. Let ya know how he does.

My brother trapping.
Instead of taking off two weaks for the rut he takes it off for trapping. He loves it. Sunday he ended up with 39 coon and 2 beavers. As of today he had 82 coon and 4 beavers and 4 rats and 28 grinners.
He flesches them and stretches them then in takes them to the fur auction in Madison.

I thought I was pulling good numbers... that's crazy.

Top Bottom