Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cabelas vs Bass Pro Shop

No contest. Cabelas!!
grin.gif

Neither! They're both over-rated and over-priced if you ask me. Nice to look around in though.
CRITR

I agree alot of times you can save abit of $$$ shopping other places. Alot of times local shops are close or even cheaper then my dollars stay locally.
laugh.gif

I have to agree with Critr......I like to look around in them and get stuff only cause I have to (I can get it thru them faster than the dealer can get it here) but that is an exception. Otherwise I research the product and have a dealer order it for me if they do not have it.

(I actually do not support my local shop just for the reason that he is one minded and his way is the only way it should be....plus he is a pain in the keester)

Cabelas!I think there price's are the going rate on most stuff and they carry stuff that you just cannot find anywhere else that I shop anyway.
I've given are local shop bussiness when they will match price's,and they have matched alot of time's.
I think alot of stuff is way overpriced if you look at what's in it,but what are ya going to do when you need it.
confused.gif

Been to both a few times, and I like Cabelas the best. CamoKid and I make a couple overnight trips a year to Owatonna, so maybe it's more of a sentimental thing. Yes, you can buy some of the stuff cheaper elsewhere, but I've found a lot of items where they had the best price due to promos, clearances, and private labels. And well beyond the $$ issue, the reason we like Cabela's is because it's like walking through a candy store !!

Cabela's over Bass Pro. Cabela's has more hunting inventory in stock. When I go to Bass Pro, I feel lucky if they have even one thing I'm looking for. What really stinks is that they might have 20 of an item that I'm looking for in the warehouse which is 3 miles from my house, but they won't sell it to you in the store. Instead they tell you to order it through the catalog to get it. If there's over 20, you can pay for it and pick it up at the warehouse, but 20 and under they reserve for catalog orders. A very poor way to treat your local customers in my opinion.
mad.gif

I like Cabela's because it seems they do have more in the line of hunting stuff. I was disappointed in BPS. Plus I don't know about BPS, but Cabela's has probably the best return policy anywhere. Almost too good if you ask me, but then again I gobble up bargains from the bargain cave. Have come across some great deals.

Locally - Somethings you buy from "Mega Stores" you have to have a press to install, so you go to your local shop and have them install it and charge you x amount of dollars, but if you bought it there you usually get it installed and warrentied for free. I like having the local shooting lanes and leagues. Support them and they will support you.
JMO.

Ditto Supertec.I do like Cabelas for gear but for my bow i go to the bow shop.If i need the assistance they automatically know what they are doing with the bow and it doesn't cost megebucks.

I agree with that, Supertec. I like to buy bows, arrows, guns and items like that locally. Can't beat good service. However, that still leaves about 2-3 million other fun items that stores like Cabelas have.

I wondered how others felt I tend to stop at Cabelas anytime I go to Minneapolis but have only stopped at BPS once. I do most of my shopping at Fin & Feathers or Scheels in IC. Big ticket items tend to come from local stores but right now I'm in the market for a gun safe & local prices (even with shipping) aren't even close. I want to support local business but also subscribe to survival of the fittest philosophy.

The Problem with alot of local shops, more than anything is the atmosphere .You have the owner (PRO), and then you have the 4 or 5 "GOOD O'L BOYS that have nothing better to do than sit in the shop and pat each other on the back . If you wan't to lose business ,this would be a direct route to that goal. Nothing will scare off somebody new to a sport faster,than going into a shop and have a horse's ass or two sitting in the background snickering and making comments. Cheaper or not the percentage of return business won't be high. TOO BAD!!
mad.gif

I like them both and like many of you have said it is fun going through them. However if I had to pick it would Cabela's. I like their clothing line better than BPS.

If it's hunting, Cabelas. If it's fishing, Bass Pro. The Bass Pro in Springfield used to have a great hunting department about five years ago but it has gotten to the point that I would rather order from Cabelas because they give you a much better choice. As far as local shops go the one that we go to here is higher than Cabelas or Bass Pro. I can order from the Cabelas in Kansas with no sales tax which usually compensates for shipping.

Top Bottom