Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

cnn gun ban poll

even if they did ban semi automatic rifles, shotguns, whatever, does everyone really think people will just give them up, heck no, i would have all my guns still, might give away the ole single shot H&R the only gun i ever owned lol right. I know im not the only one on here that would keep them. theres no way they will ever ban semi automatic shotguns, I can probably shoot a pump just as fast and as accurately as a guy hammering off a semi auto. If gang members knew how to shoot there would probably be alot more out there dead. I guess they dont know how to hold the gun upright
smile.gif
2guns.gif
rambo.gif

GOOD LORD- when are people going to realize that it doesn't matter wether you have a weapons ban or not. freaks, weirdos, and idiot criminals are going to get there hands on them anyway, and by god if the criminals are going to have one i am going to have one. so a ban makes no sense. i see every point your trying to make scott and there good ones and the same goes for the rest of ya'll, but the bottom line is there are ways around everything and if a criminal wants a gun he will find a way to get one wether there banned or not. basically the way the criminal system works and if this ban is extended then after criminals make there calls to all there connections and that assault rifle arrives in there hand, the ban will not allow me to have one to protect myself, he would more than likely never be caught and sure as poopy stinks, i would get caught right away. so to me the ban makes no sense!
waytogo.gif

Of course I meant semi-auto. My only point was, What's next on the list of guns to eliminate. If you look at the way politics are today, everything is done in steps. A good example is tax cuts spread over 10 years. Bush would have never gotten that bill through if it was paid out in one year. The anti-gun people have to do the same thing. A little bit at a time. Today it's assault guns, next it's...................................

good point g3, but how many 'bangers commit there crimes with "assult" rifles? and speaking of countries founded on guns...england and austrailia were both founded on guns, and one little ban worked its way to disarming the citzenship, and gun violence and gun related crime are the highest in the world. bottom line is scott, i can't/won't say whether or not you should own a recurve or compound,(or whatever) and you don't decide on how many and what type of guns i can own

I figured that’s what you meant Moose. I just wanted to clarify for those who didn’t know the difference – the antis and even the news always like to use the term ‘automatic weapons’ when they’re talking about semi. Don’t be mad.
frown.gif

You’re very right about the way everything is done in steps. It’s the old how to boil a frog analogy. Supposedly you put a frog in a pot of water and if you turn up the heat in very small increments he will stay there until he’s boiled and doesn’t even know it.

I’m going to work in my garden now and then work on my very happy new painting of a beautiful nekkid fairy sitting in a ray of sunshine in the forest. Have a great day!
smile.gif

Let those anti's go live in some of the countries that have banned guns and experience the rise in crime. Let one of those anti's get raped, mugged or have a love one harmed because he or she could not defend themselves. Gun bans don't ban guns from criminals,only law abidding people. Criminals will always have their guns. Maybe I can put an anti in my holster and if I get mugged I'll get'em out and beat the thug with my " anti ".

As I re-read this thread I realize my thoughts seem a bit scattered. I basically wanted to say that a person should not be called a ‘tree hugger’ for not wanting an AK, just like a person who owns or wants one should not be labeled an ‘extremist.’ I’m just a goofy girl who sees beauty and laughter everywhere and would rather be in the woods than at the mall. And I also like guns.

"The dominant paradigm for much of our culture is the Cult of the Victim. It is a very seductive cult. We don't need to think too much. Entire systems are in place to support us and reward us for our victimization. Sovereign people who accept the responsibility of their personal power threaten the Cult of Victim. So like crabs in a bucket who pull back any crab that tries to escape, the victim culture acts reflexively to squash acts of power.

Gun ownership requires that a person acknowledge and ponder at great length the responsibility of their personal power. Nothing symbolizes that responsibility like putting on a gun. And nothing threatens someone who's afraid of the responsibility of their personal power like someone wearing a gun.

Whom does the gun in the care of the good-hearted person threaten? It threatens the criminal, the State apparently, and also individuals who have learned to fear the responsibility of their personal power and the unpredictable potential of their spiritual sovereignty should it ever be free of externally imposed restrictions."

From the article “The Tao of Gun†by Richard Roberts.
cool.gif

Moosehunter, I’m sorry if I sounded like a know-it-all. It just comes with being female. I hope you’re not mad at me.

Petrblt, sure why not.
smile.gif
It’s not graphic or anything.

Eightpoint, hehehe…everyone could carry around a little midget anti to ward off attackers. Gives new meaning to 'beating the midget.'
shocked.gif

KAT. Are you kidding or what. I could never be mad at anyone who uses words I don't know or can even pronounce. Like "paradigm".

Besides that, most females I know are alot smarter that me. Just ask my wife.......
busted.gif

I debated for a while trying to decide if I wanted to weigh in on this subject. I have decided to do so. I do not expect that everyone viewing this thread will totally agree with me. However, that is one the many wonderful things about living in The United States of America, we are still allowed within certain boundaries to express our opinion.

The Second Amendment states that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Firearm ownership should be a personal choice for every law abiding U.S. citizen. Our government has already restricted ownership of full auto weapons. A Class III permit is required to own one. The current ban on certain semi-automatic assault rifles and high capacity magazines does appear to this writer to be another erosion of our Second Amendment as it pertains to firearm ownership.

If the anti gun movement in this country had it their way, there would be no firearms in the procession of private individuals. Only the military and law enforcement would have firearms period. The anti gun movement wants all current law abiding firearms owners to voluntarily turn in all of their firearms to government officials. Law abiding citizens failing to do so, within the time frames set if gun grabbers had their way, would become a felon. You a once respected citizen would now be labeled a criminal, or perhaps given todays mind set a terrorist.

I can see the need for background checks prior to purchase. In this day of high speed internet service back ground checks should be instant. I doubt that any of us want a firearm to be purchased by known terrorists, a person with a criminal record, or some unfortunate person with a severe mental illness.

Firearms ownership is a responsibility that is unfortunately all too often taken lightly. Firearms owners need to lock up in their firearms. We need to make absolutely sure that our firearms do not fall into the innocent hands of young children or adults with no knowledge of firearm safety. Gone are the days of the responsible gun owner with the beautiful gun cabinet with the glass front in the living room, or the gun rack in the den.

Firearms are a part of our history and hunting heritage, a so called right of passage in many families. I can not imagine my life without firearms and hunting. So, please be a responsible gun owner, promote firearm safety, and dont forget to take a kid hunting.

SWEET!!! A GUN BAN DEBATE!!!
laugh.gif

At one point in time, I was on the other side (anti) of the issue. I'm reluctant to admit that these days. But then I got to thinking...what was the intent of the framers of the constitution, concerning the 2nd amendment? That the citizen should possess a firearm, solely for the right to hunt? Perhaps for self defense then, against thy neighbor? OR that citizens have the right to possess firearms, should the need arise to overthrow a corrupt government??? (which if you remember, was what happened back around 1776).
grin.gif

Problem is, the government at this point far outguns any thing the population can possibly muster. With all of the smart bombs and fully automatic rifles, etc... If the antis had it their way, every firearm would be registered (think Canada), and the most lethal weapon you could hope to own would be a break action shotgun/rifle.

I think a law abiding citizen ought to be able to possess basically anything short of a WMD (i.e. nuclear, biological).
2guns.gif

HOWEVER, that being said, I think a person who chooses to own a fully automatic weapon ought to be held accountable, to the fullest extent of the law, should that weapon be stolen or misused in any manner...bottomline. I understand my statement might sound a bit radical
rambo.gif
, but I also believe in QUICK, and accurate background checks. I think with todays technology, they ought to be able to conduct an accurate, on the spot background check... or if they still purport that statistics prove that a "waiting period" significantly reduces crimes of passion
30570-chair.gif
and the like, I suppose a three-day "cooling off" period
mp_dush.gif
, before you buy an Uzi, might be ok
waytogo.gif

(I just wanted to see how many graemlins I could fit into one splurge!)

OK, now bring it on!

EDIT: Well said Blake. Funny that I was sitting here at work, being constantly interrupted with, like work and stuff, that it took me about 40 minutes before I could complete the post
smile.gif

VERY well said blake

[ QUOTE ]
Whom does the gun in the care of the good-hearted person threaten? It threatens the criminal, the State apparently, and also individuals who have learned to fear the responsibility of their personal power and the unpredictable potential of their spiritual sovereignty should it ever be free of externally imposed restrictions."

From the article “The Tao of Gun” by Richard Roberts

[/ QUOTE ] truer words were never spoken, also i like that "cult of the victim" everytime a child is injured, be it by gun, drunk, pitbull, etc. the extremists want every right we have stripped away "to save the children". if they can tie a law to a way to save children, then how could anyone possibly vote against it?

also, glad to see my presidential campaign has been reborn....you want to see crime lowered? t-roy's law #1 comitt a crime where you rape or kill someone, you will be killed. and, don't think you will get 6 appeals, if you are found guilty, you might get one appeal, and if you are still guilty, you won't gather dust sitting on death row, believe me

Top Bottom