Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ozonics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well when you turn it on, does it shut off as soon as you let go of the button? Or do you have to actually have to shut it off?

Well when you turn it on, does it shut off as soon as you let go of the button? Or do you have to actually have to shut it off?

It is the same as a flash light or a trail camera. You power them on and when you are done using them you power them off. This is a very sticky area for the DNR.

Flugge, let it go already! I'm not trying to be jerk here, but you're kind of coming across as a trouble maker! To me anyways. Let the DNR do their job. There is no reason for people to open up a can of worms and bring issues like this to their attention. It could only do one thing and open up doors to create more rediculous restrictions for us hunters. My cell phone is on constantly while hunting and is powered by a batter. If I download Dor's new app and use it to map which stand to use for a certain wind direction, would I therefor be illegal? Bring that up to your DNR contacts and if were lucky they will make cell phones illegal while hunting as well :rolleyes:. This has gotten way out of hand from something that started off so innocent. Getting the DNR involved in something so meaningless is just plain stupid! Wow, isn't hunting fun!!

Oh I agree completly it is a sticky area.. But a flashlight, well your not using that to kill a deer (unless poaching) and a trail camera isnt involved with the direct harvest of a deer. While I get a trail camera aids in patterning a deer, you dont have it in the tree with you when you kill it. So I guess I dont know..I realize all the points that have been made, and again, I am not really against this product, its just, is it legal now is the question. I mean, all of the guys on the last WKP video, obviously used it..I would hate to see that to turn around and bite people in the a$$, but I would like to know if its legal or not..

180, sorry that I guess I want to know the law..Sorry...guess all the pms I have got that said thanks for checking into this, I will ignore those now since im a "troublemaker"

You did a lot of checking on something you said you would never use. Your just looking out for the guys that want to use it..........right:way:

I dont care for officer interpretation.I would just like to know if it is legal or illegal.Even though i have already hunted with my buddy who was using one.Are lights on bow sights legal? You turn it on and it stays on until you shut it off.I see alot of people with them on there bows.

I get it guys, you guys are all fans of WKP and Todd... harp on me all you want, Im a big boy with broad shoulders...Complain all you want..I simply want to know if its legal or not... period, end of story. I know what I have been told by the DNR. If you guys dont want to sit and bicker about it, then as stated in past posts and even this one, dont post and let the ones of us that do care about this topic, worry about it. Thanks:way:

One or more person's opinion of the law doesn't make it the law or make Ozonic's illegal. It's a broad regulation, and with the advent of cell phones, trail camera's, ozonic's, lighted sight pins, lighted bow scopes, and other new technologies - it can be argued from a million different angles. A laser range finder is another.

So, this will be my last comment on this topic. If you have any other questions about the effectiveness of Ozonic's, I'll answer your questions to the best of my ability. In-regard to proving it's science, it's simple chemistry. The reason Ozone machines are used in Hospitals, Dentist Offices, Hotels, Bars, and Resturants around the world is because Ozone gas destroys the odor molecule. That's the straight science behind it.

I've never met Todd, but I do enjoy his videos. Being a "fan" of someone has nothing to do with it. What I'm not a fan of is someone unnecessarily stirring up sh:t!

I guess if trying to find out if its legal or not is stirring it up, well call me guilty..And Todd is right, "One or more person's opinion of the law doesn't make it the law or make Ozonic's illegal. "
But then again, it doesnt make it legal either?? So how do we know if we dont ask?! Thats what I am getting at..I simply want to know yes or no on this...PERIOD... I have been told by people its not, and those people were going to call Ozonics... Im simply telling you what I have found out... So sorry that I stir up the sh!t... but you know what they say, someones gotta do it! :way:

I've used a light on my sight. Send me my fine .......had my phone while hunting send me my fine .........I've used a red dot scope.....send me my fine I've used a rangefinder.........send me my fine!

See what im getting at. You are not just talking about the ozone thingies.

Oh forgot my GPS there's another fine.

They all have the same on/off switch like an ozone machine. So they all must be illeagal.

I don't know Todd so im not backing him im backing my liberties and all my other hunting buddies liberties. ....that includes you.

Your welcome:)

Cooter, I dont really care about anything other than the Ozonics in this post, so lets stay on track.. Ok, so I call the DNR to ask, and am told its illegal..do I say screw it and use it because everyone else thinks its legal? Or if asking the law is stirring stuff up, well heck, next time I see someone shooting out a window or using a spotlight to shoot deer, oh man, I better not call the DNR, I would hate to stir the pot.. Again, I am not saying this thing is illegal..I just want to know if its legal or illegal. Period

Ok so I should start a post on that other gear so we can call the DNR about those things to see if they are legal.

You have tunnel vission on this ozone thing.

Nope, not tunnel vision. Just want to know I guess..sorry that I am a very curious person. Honestly, I hope it is legal to use. But I wasnt told that it was, so I guess that is my stance. Sorry.. but take care and good luck this season everyone... I will hold my stance, and you guys can take yours...thats fine... this will be my last post on this topic... again... :drink1:

So you're just curious because if the DNR says it's perfectly legal, you're going to purchase one, correct? That would be the only legitimate reason for calling the DNR and taking it to this point. If you have no intentions at all of buying one way or the other and you are only looking to discredit Todd and get people in trouble, then I'm sorry, but your just making trouble!

Flugge you did nothing wrong here. I'm curious to see if they are legal as well. Seems more of an advantage than using an electric call and that's illegal. This just seems to be a gray area that the DNR will need to clarify on what's legal and what's not. With all the electronic stuff coming out recently scent dispensers etc. they are really gonna have to define what's what.

When electronic spinners for turkey decoys first came out I remember a lot of guys wondering if they were legal. Nobody got flamed for asking then.

How about we just wait and see what the DNR decides. I just wish I had the cash to try one out.:D

I dont have an opinion one way or the other on the ozonics but have always wondered about the legality of the trail cameras that can send pictures to your cell phone while on stand, of a big buck in another field.
Then the hunter with his mloader sneaks over to that field and shoots him at 150+ yards.That sounds to me like broadcasting the location of game.

I think 180class flugge just wanted to make sure if it was illegal or not in case one would go out and buy one. You don't need to start pointing fingers just because he was looking out for fellow iowa whitetailers and hunters. Maybe it will draw to the DNR's attention and they will make laws to make things more "old school" and the tradition way of hunting. No one is stopping you from going to another state and using it!!! And ever since this thread has blown up and Todd got brought into it and saying how he wasn't in it to help promote it for in which reason then lately almost all his post have mentioned business etc. in them it makes a guy wonder..I have enjoy everything about WKP up until this came and with the latest video I feel gears are kinda being shifted to the more business side of things with them. That's all I have to say. Once again "One to there own" its America state ur opinion and discuss if u want but no point in point a finger or jumping over someone for checking if something is legal or not...Ik I would be crushed if I shot a world record and DNR did research and found it illegal and unfair chase..just my 2 cents!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom