Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ozonics

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...is there a "try it and if you are not satisfied, return it" guaranty on it? Since your first reply, it's been an ongoing sales pitch(and a pretty good one). What is your kickback?

They have a 100% money back guarantee on the product. Buy it, use it, if you aren't satisfied, return it for a full refund. It's that simple.

What is my kickback? Nothing. I make nothing extra for taking the time to write in these forums. I am doing it because I believe in their product, and want to earn my keep. The best thing is that I just have the opotunity to make a-lot of friends. When I get someone to buy one, take it out, and realize what these things are capable of; I know I just made a friend for life! he he he....

I might see this a little different....
Almost everyone I know buys products to fool a deer's nose OR at least does things to minimize scent. Any product out there offers SOME level of Technology- ANYTHING... Whether it's a spray that was designed by a chemist to eliminate scent, a scent covering product, Elimitrax, tooth pastes, gum, laundry detergent to remove scent, breeding & deer facilities designed to capture doe urine, Scent-Lok, anti-microbial clothing, etc, etc.

So, the differences: the LEVELS of technology- maybe there's a personal line you draw with how much you'll use.
COST: maybe you say, "hey, I'm cool with spending $20 on some scent spray but not $350 on a device".
SAFETY: Is that Carbon spray safe? Is this device safe? Is that anti-bacterial gum I put in my mouth safe? Is it ok to get spray on skin?
EFFECTIVENESS: I'm sure some of these work better than others, some might "HELP" a little, some a lot and some NONE.

I don't have the answer to any of these questions BUT I don't think it's unique to this one product. All are some level of technology, price, safety, success and all should be put through your filter of preference. Most everyone I know is trying to reduce, cover and destroy their scent, I also have some folks who don't do a darn thing and smoke in their treestand- to each his own. I sure don't find this product in a whole different paradigm than any of the others.

That's where I don't agree. It works, the others do not. To me this is as black and white as you can get.

Spending $20.00 on sprays and washes and still getting busted to me is NOT a worthwhile investment. Spending $250 on a carbon clothing suite and still getting busted, is not a worthwhile investment. Spending $400.00 on something that actually beats a whitetails nose? I hate to say it, but it's priceless. This is the arguement that I get frustrated with. People have been spending BILLIONS on scent elimination and they aren't upset that they still get busted (well, except for the one guy on this forum who doesn't get busted with his carbon suit). Instead they call the new technology a gimmick because everything else before it has been (or throw it in the same catagory as the current products)? It can't quite possibly be worth the money right?

How many airplane designs failed before the Wright brothers finally pulled it off? If we had given up, where would we be now?

I don't agree. Some things work and to some degrees, I've seen it as convincingly as how you are on board & convinced with Ozonics.

Let me ask you this....
Do you shower in the morning or anytime with scent free soap OR do you use your normal perfume smelling shampoo from home & do nothing for scent control except ozonics????

Do you think baking soda absorbs odors, such as in a refrigerator or in tooth paste?

Do you think the Indians using all sorts of cover scents from smoke to leaves/foliage to all sorts of other things did ANYTHING or NOTHING? (I could go on and on with examples, technologies and methods- we'll keep it short though).

I absolutely believe some things don't work- totally on board. I also believe some things work to certain degrees and there's ways to REDUCE your scent or aid in covering- all to certain degrees. There's also some things I've seen work as well as what you describe with Ozonics. I've had plenty of deer down wind and not bust, actually happens very frequently, some of which is scent methods, some is thermals, some is cover scents, some is my scent reduction, some is just deer being stupid during the rut- I've seen it all. I know there's a whole host of opinions on this subject, I know a lot of guys who do NOTHING but I also know a lot that do everything they can to reduce scent, etc and not do stupid things like get themselves covered in gas, bacon grease, bad Body Odor, etc, etc. I see everything in between as well and totally understand everyone's arguments, I have buddies all along the spectrum. Let me know what your answer to above is.

$400 will pay for the next shoulder mount of a buck I shoot without ozonics! To each their own, but I agree with Skip on this one.

Good points.

I do use scent eliminating soap / shampoo because I won't add perfumes to my body. I just can't get over that. I would buy a generic version if one was availble. For deoderant, I use a scentless antiperspirant - same thing and 1/2 the cost.

For clothing, baking soda does work good. I do admit I use the hunting stuff because it seems to leave my clothes softer and more enjoyable to wear. It's more of a matter of convienience than anything.

I believe smoke does something to a whitetails ability of smelling "through" the smoke. I just hate the smell of smoke, it makes me sick.

I've also believe thermals / strange wind phenominon's cause ALOT of guys to believe their "scent elimination products" work; when it's simply wind currents taking their scent up-up-and away. There is nothing like a cold morning at first light when you can litterally feel the currents pulling air past your face.

With that being said, 9.9 times out of 10; when I am going to get busted, I know it. There is just no fooling them when you have 2 guys in a tree, and the winds blowing straight to where they are coming. They hit the scent, slam on the breaks, and your busted. I've had it happen 1,000 times. When Ozonic's is in the tree, the reaction is NIGHT AND DAY different. You can't understand until you see it first hand. I'll loan you one if you are around SE Iowa sometime this summer. Take it out and try it yourself.

The next time you get busted and a doe ruins your killer set-up, tell me what you'd pay for one then! Kind of reminds me of a guy who would NEVER pay $200.00 for a Lone Wolf treestand. Until they blow an oportunity at a slammer because their stand squeaks. I can't tell you how many LW's have been sold mid-October because of that reason. My old boss back in Michigan bought one because of that reason. I can't tell you how many guys don't think a Huntmore chair is worth $200.00 until they are sitting in their POS camp stool and their lower body is numb, back is killing them. They buy one the next year. To each their own, but this isn't just some thing that works part of the time. It's all the time man, I just wish you guys would see it first hand!

Last edited:
Salesman Todd- if you agree everyone has their own opinions, why push it so hard? I still just have the feeling that a deer is going to associate it with danger in time, and then there will be something new out later. So I for one, will not be using it. Last year I had a 5 1/2 year old buck 30 yds downwind for over 3 hours bedded. All I use is soap/sprays. The deer was so comfortable he fell asleep. Would the same have happened with an ozonics? Well one could say yes, but I am going to go with no if he smelled something he wasnt used to. Again, just my opinion. I am not trying to throw rocks in a glass house, I shoot a carbon element, I use trail cameras, so on and so forth. But I just wont buy into the thought of a deer wont get used to it. All it is going to do is get more people to hunt bad winds, which I guess is fine, maybe they will push more my way. :way: Also, after looking at the website for them, I do see Whitetails Inc plastered all over the site, so you cant tell me you dont get any kick back at all :drink1: Again, not sitting here trying to throw rocks...but anywho, I am done with this topic, and going to move on with the next... Good luck to anyone who wants to buy it and use it, and good luck to anyone that doesnt :way:

Last edited:
Good post flugge. Well said on many points. I for one won't just because I don't have an interest. My hunting mindset is changing in that I enjoy going out just as much, but there is something about carrying more and more stuff into the field, taking it too far perhaps etc.

I 100% see your point Todd, honestly do, as well as others, but I am not sure going that next step for me, to kill a mature whitetail, wouldn't reduce the experience for me. Granted, same could be said for my bow, broadheads, stands, grunt tube etc, but in my mind I know what my limit is, and every man has his.

I honestly think its less about $ in this case, as possibly taking away a sense of accomplsihment for me, that when I do beat their nose, it truly adds to the satisfaction of the hunt and the fact that I watched the wind, waited, and moved in for the opportunity. Again, not taking sides, just explaining why I wouldn't use it.

Last edited:
Key point to ponder in most of the posts is "to each their own".

I'd use one if I could get it for free, until then I'm playing the wind.

Todd, do you have to buy any ozone cartridges or re charge it? I'm just curious.

Let's see,, Using a $400, scent elimination product is too much technology, but a transmitting trail camera or a John Deere, soil samples and lime trucks are not??

I'll think on that.

The term "Harvesting" becomes more appropriate for a kill every year.

Todd, It looks like it has been working good for you in the tree with a camera man, and anything to keep the confidence level up when things are tough is great, but back to my original concern. What about the health risks of being exposed to the ozone in a ground blind, "that will be addressed"?

Key point to ponder in most of the posts is "to each their own".

Very good point Matt!:drink2: Anyways, this has been a great read for me, there are many good post, ideas, unanswered questions and so on. This post I think truly showcases the difference in worlds we all live in with regards to the influence of what would be considered "the industry" of hunting. I have my own reasons too as for why I also would never use the product but they are simply personal much like huntyak's or flugge's but what tells me how different our "whitetail worlds" are is the fact that not one single person I could call a friend, family member, neighbor, or acquaintance from where i reside in NW Saskatchewan would have ever have heard of the product in question. Even more certainly, if I were to try and explain to them what it was and why I needed one they would all think I was completely out of my mind.:grin:

Seriously, they would.:drink1:

my earlier post about a million posts ago, had the wrong magazine listed. pretty informative article in the june 11, bowhunter. their new gear issue. i could see me buying a smaller unit to cleanse clothes in a closet or tote, but i'm not interested in cating a machine into the timber with me.
if you wanna do it, go for it

Muddy, no they don't require any further "activation" or anything. The battery is all you need. Most guys get an extra battery or two so they can hunt all day durring the rut if they want.

In-regard to the "health concerns". The owner of Ozonic's sent me an email recently that stated the tests have been conducted and the artical was currently in the process of being written.

Beyond that, I won't argue about guys having great success with nothing or playing the wind. I hunted for 22 years without an ozonic's, so I'm aware of certain circumstances when I've also cheated situations with no rhyme or reason. In our video "Full Circle" we had a beautiful buck come from straight down wind, and I ended up shooting him but not recovering him (still makes me sick to this day). I still have no idea why he didn't wind us, or if he just didn't care because we happened to be hunting near a girlscout camp. I will never know.

All I do know is that besides this (1) time in many, many, many years of hunting, I used to get snorted at ALL THE FREAKING TIME. Hunting everyday is pretty tough to keep clean and scent-free, especially when the sweat is rolling off you nose early season.

One other thing I do in my routine now, which I haven't mentioned, is to treat my clothes in a closet with my ozonic's machine between hunts. We put EVERYTHING into a closet and run an ozonic's for 4 hours mid-day, and one at night (runt he batteries out on them). This kills the scent on our clothes, and continues to as we travel into the field. It definately helps I think.

But with the machine running in the tree with us the entire hunt we wouldn't stand a chance in most cases. I sweat like a pig, so there's no hiding me.

Flugge, I do business with them and it's because they're product works. You can twist it anyway you want, but I'm not a sell-out so I have nothing to be ashamed of. I'm proud to be promoting a product that will help my brothers (even if they don't want the help). Hunting is my life, so I take it very seriously, and Ozonic's is a part of that life now brother!

Last edited:
i could see me buying a smaller unit to cleanse clothes in a closet or tote

I've read studies where ozone "eats" elastic, so you might shorten the life expectancy of some parts of clothes. Health-wise, safer than breathing the stuff.

I had heard similar things, but now after (2) years of keeping my clothing in the "containment chamber" for months at a time - I haven't noticed anything wear or change. Most of my gear is Gray Wolf, Predator, and Sitka so it's not "cheap"? Not sure if that has anything to do with some of the other stuff breaking down?

I also just got the information from Ozonic's about their most recent tests. I can't provide any numbers, but it meets and exceeds EPA, OSHA, and NIOSH standards for safe Ozone levels. I can't get any-further into than that, but they are currently working on a full-disclosure of information and testing results.

Basically, you can't seal yourself inside of a ground blind. If you have windows open and the unit blowing toward those open windows, it's safe. A full description of the test methods and results will be available soon. I thought I'd share this with you now though.

Todd with the success you have had using this, how has it changed your hunting? I mean is wind direction no longer a factor for you, are you using stand set ups now with a marginal wind that in the past you would not have hunted?

Just curious as I will be using one this fall for the first time.

Chris

If this thing works sooooo great where are all the other people using it not coming on here prazing it. Its been around a few years now right? Where are all the other happy customers. Why are they not on here promoting it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom