Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rage in the Cage: Hillarious!

That's hilarious! I don't trust anything I see on tv anymore, and I think that's what this is getting at. I do trust people who I know and a lot of guys here on this website! Personally, I have used Rages for 4 years and have knocked down a pile of deer with them and will continue to use them until I find a product that I am even more confident in using.

Me either, it was kind of dry and stupid...

Stupid? That's ironic, coming from someone who posted "neature walk" or whatever it's called.

It was funny, a touch long, but funny. It made sure to address all the issues rage broadheads have had. My cousin is sponsored by them, and the new titaniums cost him 2 kansas bucks last year due to early blade deployment.

"how can you not trust a country singer?...I'm sticking with my rage in the cage" that's FUNNY

They do perform great when you shoot them in the guts.;) J/K No really I heard of an outfitter in Illinois that told all there guys to shoot Rage and said "Just shoot them in the guts. We'll find them."
Hang around me for awhile and I'll have you shooting Slick Tricks in no time...:D
:way:

Love the tricks

:way:

I think it is hilarious. Especially if you cruise archertalk much.

I just picked up a pack of Redhead Gators.....Good Bye Rage!! 2 inch cut, simple design, No O-Ring, $20 bucks cheaper (got them on sale for $19.97 yesterday) and they will not open in flight. Everyone claims it is one of the original designs Rage copied. 4.7 out of 5 stars for reviews out of 74 people is impressive as well.

http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Gator-Expandable-Broadheads/product/10206975/123151

Last edited:
Hang around me for awhile and I'll have you shooting Slick Tricks in no time...:D

picture.php

turtlshell said:
Stupid? That's ironic, coming from someone who posted "neature walk" or whatever it's called.

It was funny, a touch long, but funny. It made sure to address all the issues rage broadheads have had. My cousin is sponsored by them, and the new titaniums cost him 2 kansas bucks last year due to early blade deployment.

"how can you not trust a country singer?...I'm sticking with my rage in the cage" that's FUNNY

Neature walk is pretty stupid.

it seems like people either love Rage or hate them...nothing in between. i happen to love them. blood trails are usaully pretty easy to follow if necessary. mos tof the time i have seen the deer tip over.

I'm kind of in the middle on the Rage... I like them because to this day it is the only broadhead that I've tried that flies exactly like my field tips. I also liked the fact that it left big gaping holes in my prey, however, they lack penetration, are expensive to buy and just the replacement blades for three heads were like $19 if I remember correctly.. I've lost just as many deer as I've killed with them, but, the ones I didn't find, I'm confident I was still able to track them a little further than I would have on a lost deer with a smaller head due to the hole not being able to clot up so soon. I never had any mechanical problems with them in the four seasons I used them, but, that's because I replaced the rubber bands every year regardless of what they looked like and I always checked them to make sure the blades were set each time I knocked an arrow. They are a good broadhead if you pay attention to them and don't hit a bone on a deer. I still have a couple arrows with them in my quiver as back-ups, but, I made the switch to G5 montecs this year... same weight, but for some reason the montecs shoot about 8 inches high... so it sucks that I will have to continuously change my damn sight twice a year to bounce back and forth between field points and broadheads.

I got a good laugh from Rage in the Cage man! :D

I made the switch to G5 montecs this year... same weight, but for some reason the montecs shoot about 8 inches high..
Not to hyjack the post but give Slick Tricks a try. Shoot me a PM and I've got extra practice heads if you'd like to try one. They are 100gn.

I made the switch to G5 montecs this year... same weight, but for some reason the montecs shoot about 8 inches high... so it sucks that I will have to continuously change my damn sight twice a year to bounce back and forth between field points and broadheads.

AA-try moving your rest about 1/16" DOWN (or nock point up 1/16") and then see if your FP and BH hit closer. You will have to change your sight bracket once you get them hitting together but then your done changing set-ups. Sounds like a really quick tune issue. Even if you shoot mechanicals, they will penetrate better as the flight will be more true once tuned.

The fixed blades act like little fletchings, so if your rest is just a bit high, even 1/16", the arrow with a fixed head will travel in the direction its pointed-in yor case high. Mechanicals and FP dont have a "steering wheel" up front so you dont see those subtle tune issues.

Sureshot hit nail on the head-just a comedy on the advertising and I have MORE..but in the interest of not offending anyone I'll keep the videos off although they are funny :D:D

I love my tricks as the 4 bladed hole really stays much better than a 3 or two blade, but again-lots of great heads out there and they all kill when placed right :way:

Liv, those do look like the original Rocky mountain Snypers that I understand Rage was based off of. i had some of those, they sucked, you had to put a rubber band on the top side to keep the blades closed, and hope that it popped off when it hit the deer.

Question for all that say they get no penetration with the rage, are you shooting small diameter real light arrows? I have taken quite a few deer with rages and all have been complete pass throughs except one, which was a bad shot on my part.

I think it is hilarious. Especially if you cruise archertalk much.

I just picked up a pack of Redhead Gators.....Good Bye Rage!! 2 inch cut, simple design, No O-Ring, $20 bucks cheaper (got them on sale for $19.97 yesterday) and they will not open in flight. Everyone claims it is one of the original designs Rage copied. 4.7 out of 5 stars for reviews out of 74 people is impressive as well.

http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Gator-Expandable-Broadheads/product/10206975/123151

I picked these broadheads up this year as well. Now if the deer will just cooperate so I can see if the reviews hold up. Love the simplicity of them though.

Question for all that say they get no penetration with the rage, are you shooting small diameter real light arrows? I have taken quite a few deer with rages and all have been complete pass throughs except one, which was a bad shot on my part.

What would you recommend? I shoot Easton Axis 400's with 100gr and 72 lb draw. I can't say that I've never had a pass through with the rage, but the first deer I shot, I hit shoulder and had no penetration, 2nd deer I shot was a doe and I double lunged her perfect and the arrow stuck in her about fletch deep. The 3rd one I hit high and actually saw the same deer about 2-3 wks later with the arrow still hanging out of it (couldn't get another shot and even climbed out of the stand and tried stalking him). Fourth was a doe and finally had a full pass through on her and 5th was the buck I lung/heart shot last year and it didn't quite make it all the way through. I guess I was just used to my old 85 gr Thunderheads and Crossfires that I had to jerk out of the ground on almost every deer.
I know a couple people that have shot turkeys with the Rage and the arrow just bounced right off of them straight backwards.

The one and only time I shot a deer with a Rage was a doe at 15 yards. I put it perfect right behind her shoulder. The broadhead barely penetrated through the other side. I have a 29.5" draw lenght and shooting 70# at well over 300fps. At 15 yards, there is no reason not to get a full pass through. I'll admit the doe only went about 30 yards and tipped over, and the blood trail was huge, but I WANT A PASS THROUGH! I'll never shoot them again. To each their own.

I know a couple people that have shot turkeys with the Rage and the arrow just bounced right off of them straight backwards.

Really? :rolleyes:

Were they shooting a Nerf? That's one of the most unbelievable things I've ever read on here. Cmon man, do you actually believe that? You could take the dullest field point and still get killing penetration on a turkey. Anybody who knows anything about archery hunting and shooting knows that this is absolutely false. How is it that a guy can get complete pass through on a Elk and have the arrow bury in a tree 10 feet behind the animal, but the same broadhead bounces off a turkey that your buddy shot at? I don't buy it. I have shot a lot of different kinds of broadheads and regardless of whether I liked them or not, I have never seen something like what you just described. I guess maybe I just don't hunt enough. :rolleyes:

Not trying to be a dick, but seriously man.........

What would you recommend? I shoot Easton Axis 400's with 100gr and 72 lb draw..
I don't know what to recomend, was just asking the question. I have a similar set up to you, 29" draw, 67# bow, I am shooting Beaman ICS hunter arrows and have had my bow chronoed at around 285 fps. I was only asking as I have read kinetic energy means more than speed, and wouldn't think the AXIS type arrows that are light would store allot of KE. Just makes me curious, and even though I am a rage fan, I have G5 T3's and Monatecs as well. Not trying to sway anyone, just trying to learn.

180class said:
The one and only time I shot a deer with a Rage was a doe at 15 yards. I put it perfect right behind her shoulder. The broadhead barely penetrated through the other side. I have a 29.5" draw lenght and shooting 70# at well over 300fps. At 15 yards, there is no reason not to get a full pass through. I'll admit the doe only went about 30 yards and tipped over, and the blood trail was huge, but I WANT A PASS THROUGH! I'll never shoot them again. To each their own.

I shot two doe's last year with them I was using a Fred bear bow 29.5 draw length and 70 lbs and shooting less then 300 fps. Shot one doe at 10 yds clean pass thur and the other was a doe at 25 yds it was a complete pass thur too. I found both my deer. I like rage and will continue to use them.

arrow flinger

Momentum will carry alot more value than KE. Still, the penetration issue on Rage will always "Rage" on...couldn't resist :grin:

Honestly, due to the large blades and fact that they cut hair and hit ALOT of tissue going in over a vast area, the penetration can be poor vs say a COC head. Add ribs, animal movement, arrow coming off bad and you can get less penetration with any head.

Big holes come at a price and that is often less penetration. Try pushing that head through a bale vs a COC head and you will feel the resistance. It works, tons of animals have been taken with them no doubt, and no head is perfect.

On a lighter note, in 2004, in SD, I was hunting wih an older gentleman who shot a big tom at 15 yards with a COC head and maybe a 55 pound bow. Hit the wing joint and IT BOUNCED OFF. Ill never forget that long as I live. The thing just walked off.

That wing joint is like an armoured plate and although rare-maybe with a low poundage bow it could happen....;)

Top Bottom