Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SF2127 Non-resident hunting

Flecthman man buddy, you picked the wrong guy to compare trophy rooms to. I have been in Steveo's trophy room, and I will say yours better be pretty damn impressive. O wait, you are the master of all big deer, so what the hell am I talking about.

Wrong Steveo by the way, my bad. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif You still suck though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nannyslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Flecthman man buddy, you picked the wrong guy to compare trophy rooms to. I have been in Steveo's trophy room, and I will say yours better be pretty damn impressive. O wait, you are the master of all big deer, so what the hell am I talking about. </div></div>

So you have been to one post from Mi. SteveO's house?

He called me an "idiot" for thinking EAB is stupid for NR's?

This guy has never been out of state to try and kill a big buck. There is NOBODY that takes a vacation, and tries to kill a big buck, would even think of shooting does.

I call BS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Are you serious? Do you NOT like to go on hunting trips?

Im a bad guy because I want to see my friends in IOWA once every three years and try and kill a big deer, and im not interested in killing does.

WOW??? Hang me from the nearest tree!!!! Im such a bad guy!!!!! </div></div>

First off, if I went out of state to hunt I certainly wouldn't be on that state's premier online chat forum talking about how I would break the law or choose not to follow it.

No your not a bad guy for wanting to come to IOWA, your a bad guy because of your attitude. IF the law changes to an EAB, you're obviously not willing to follow the law...THEREFORE we don't need NR hunters like yourself. Stick to hunting IL then.

Hang you from a tree? Why would I need to? The more you type the tighter you're making your own rope...I'm content watching you hang yourself.

Fletchy,

You are SO right, I will never kill as many bucks as your "hindness". I've got no complaints about my trophy room.

Unfortunately your bloated ego hindered you from actually READING what I said. I did not say EAB on 2 does was something I liked. BUT, I will do what the law states. I will not go around puffing my chest out telling people how I plan to break their law. Too bad there is no character qualification for an Iowa tag.

You are correct about me not shooting any big bucks in Iowa. I have not hunted deer in Iowa. I don't hunt "just" deer though...

And I do have friends in Iowa and have made friends in all the states and provinces I have hunted. More than likely because I choose my hunting spots and partners carefully. Can't imagine we would ever hunt together--my incompetence would just bring you down.

Why don't you stop by the Capitol or the IDNR HQ and inform them of what you think of them and their law and how you plan to follow it.

Mitch Rompola shoots a P&Y in Michigan every year too, you two should compare notes ;~)

Not one word in any of your post here changes my opinion of you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fletchman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I have learned a lot here lurking. Too bad an idiot has caused my first post. Guys like ol' Fletch is why it is hard for a NR to come to Iowa and hunt. Not all of us from Michigan are pompus a$$e$! In fact "experts" like Fletch are why I prefer to hunt anywhere BUT home."

Hey SteveO? Who's the idiot? I have friends in Iowa and Illinois

I dont buy doe tags and hunt Iowa every year, but I COULD, I threw away two doe tags from Il. last year.

I think you're barkin up the wrong tree bud, I'll invite you over to my house, and we can compare trophy rooms.

I bet I got more sugerbeet bucks than you do:) </div></div>

Hey Fletchman since you are so much better than the rest of us redneck doe killers in Iowa why dont you put your money were your mouth is and show us some pics. Everyone likes to look at pics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fletchman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scottonbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Magic_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to agree with Back 40, that Fletchman does not speak for the majority of non-residents.He is a not what this site is about and adds nothing positive. I think Iowa has done a great job of managing its herd, but has some localized problem areas. I wish that I would draw a buck tag every year, but I can live with the current situation given the quality of the hunting. I come back to Iowa every fall to bowhunt with family on family ground. I just love to sit in a tree and watch animals. I would love to kill a buck every year, but I don't mind wacking a doe. I just wish that it was less expensive for non-residents to purchase additional doe tags. We have plenty of land and an overabundance of does, but at $100 a pop it adds up. Fight hard to protect the quality of hunting that you have. We have all gotten so caught up in the quest for horn that we have lost sight of what is really important. I hunt to spend time with family, friends and nature. I would love to someday kill a big one ( I have swallowed 2 buck tags- not for lack of opportunity!-dang buck fever!)but I will hunt and have fun regardless. </div></div>

I really truly wish everyone thought like you. It seems the obsession and greed take over. I belive after you by your first $100 nr doe tag you should be able to purchase more for $12 like residents. Maybe someday.
</div></div>

I'll give you $200 if you dont make me shoot a doe?

I dont shoot does when Im on vacation, what part of that do you not understand?

And these couple NR's that are kissin your butt, they're not hunters, they have probably never killed a big deer. </div></div>

Ill take your $200 bucks and you can save your vacation and keep your tail in michigan and piss and moan to your homies about how you are getting screwed over by the rednecks from Iowa. Or you can come on down and I will still take your $200 bucks and tell you how pretty your mouth is.

i have to say fletchman, you are really making the NR hunter look bad here. You are exactly the person the residents want to keep out. you are a taker. you just want to come to iowa and rape and pillage. You have zero vested inteterest in the state, no land, you dont support anything or contribute, so why do you think you are entitled. Were you not held enough as a child. do you want a hug? It sounds like someone needs some major therapy. If you want to see the quality of deer in iowa stay the way it is, certain rules have to be followed. 2 does is excessive, no doubt about it, but one is not. Why dont you stop wasting so much time on this site, go get a second job, save your money and go buy your own special place in michigan. or just shutty and focus on solutions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have to say fletchman, you are really making the NR hunter look bad here. You are exactly the person the residents want to keep out. you are a taker. you just want to come to iowa and rape and pillage. You have zero vested inteterest in the state, no land, you dont support anything or contribute, so why do you think you are entitled. Were you not held enough as a child. do you want a hug? It sounds like someone needs some major therapy. If you want to see the quality of deer in iowa stay the way it is, certain rules have to be followed. 2 does is excessive, no doubt about it, but one is not. Why dont you stop wasting so much time on this site, go get a second job, save your money and go buy your own special place in michigan. or just shutty and focus on solutions. </div></div>

Really? "rape and pillage"

Uhhhh? Dude???? Obviously you dont travel to hunt?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have to say fletchman, you are really making the NR hunter look bad here. You are exactly the person the residents want to keep out. you are a taker. you just want to come to iowa and rape and pillage. You have zero vested inteterest in the state, no land, you dont support anything or contribute, so why do you think you are entitled. Were you not held enough as a child. do you want a hug? It sounds like someone needs some major therapy. If you want to see the quality of deer in iowa stay the way it is, certain rules have to be followed. 2 does is excessive, no doubt about it, but one is not. Why dont you stop wasting so much time on this site, go get a second job, save your money and go buy your own special place in michigan. or just shutty and focus on solutions. </div></div>

I have lots of friends that live in Iowa,

And they think, and they agree, they are the greediest State in the Union.

I'll put you in a tree,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turtL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Are you serious? Do you NOT like to go on hunting trips?

Im a bad guy because I want to see my friends in IOWA once every three years and try and kill a big deer, and im not interested in killing does.

WOW??? Hang me from the nearest tree!!!! Im such a bad guy!!!!! </div></div>

First off, if I went out of state to hunt I certainly wouldn't be on that state's premier online chat forum talking about how I would break the law or choose not to follow it.

No your not a bad guy for wanting to come to IOWA, your a bad guy because of your attitude. IF the law changes to an EAB, you're obviously not willing to follow the law...THEREFORE we don't need NR hunters like yourself. Stick to hunting IL then.

Hang you from a tree? Why would I need to? The more you type the tighter you're making your own rope...I'm content watching you hang yourself. </div></div>

Maybe I'll move down and buy your house?

You seem scared?

I thought we were all one? The United States of a America?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OLETOM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When there is that much bait running around the bait does not work as well. The hogs tend to stay put and not travel as well when they have 20 does with in a half mile to a mile of them. I would rather shoot someone elses slob that ran three miles running a hot doe.

About time Iowa, I will be more than willing to smoke 2 does before taking my Iowa buck. Heck, after taking my trophy, I would still be willing to shoot more does.

Supporter of the bill.</div></div>

Okay killer;)

On my crew, we hunt bucks.

I just had a buddy from out of state in for a weekend of the whitetail classic and shed hunting. It's funny because the state he is from is poorly managed for deer and has over population issues because all people want to do is shoot bucks. It is frustrating for him because he believes in deer management. We discussed this very proposed bill. He said that he wished his state would use it for their "greedy" resident hunters that want nothing but a buck.

Fletchman if you haven't noticed, the vast majority of Iowa hunters take pride in harvesting does too. Hell, we even have a doe harvest forum here on IW. I am not saying that I agree with the bill. However, if you were to have such a problem with shooting does to help Iowa management where needed, then you might as well stay in Michigan. Iowa has big deer because they make big deer through management. I'm a firm believer in that.

Big bucks are the whole reason that you want to hunt in Iowa and are upset with this bill, right? Maybe ask yourself why Iowa has so many big deer. What do they do different than Michigan?

ANSWER: Management through laws and regulations for ALL hunters in the state.

We aren't asking you to do anything we don't practice ourselves. People with your attitude are the reason Iowa uses such stiff regulations in the first place. You're right, we are the united states, so, united we can all do our part. Not with people that killed some big deer and therefore, they are "too good" to shoot does and are above the regulations.

just my thoughts not speaking for anyone but myself and my NR friend

Are we gettin serious?

Im just sayin it is BS to go on a huntin trip and have to EAB.

Anyone that says different? I guess they dont get around?

It was a fun debate, on something that will never happen.

Paying $420 and have to Kill TWO does before you can hunt?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sweet, I'd love to sell you my house. I'd take that money and buy up more land to keep jerks like you from having places to hunt.

Scared, how do I seem scared? I've got plenty of land to keep me happy and satisfy my needs.

All one?...That comment pretty much proves you're just looking to stir the pot.

Spider is an idiot'

The poor boy has never known any different.

killing 2 does as a nr is excessive, however one is not, they do this in buffalo county wisconsin(1 doe), they had to, every piece of land was being lease buy an outfitter an no does were getting killed. the point i would like to make is this, it is now a 3 year wait to come to iowa, if they made it 2 years and the catch was a doe, would it be worth it? now if i was a nr and figured i could hunt iowa giants every 2 years instead of 3 , i would try pretty hard to deal with killing a doe first, you could drive from michigan to iowa, 1 day kill a doe and drive home, spent the rest of the season looking for a booner. what is so bad about that ?

being a nr myself i have to add my two cents to this issue. first of all Iowa rocks, being in wisconsin and seeing what our state has done to ruin our hunting makes Iowa rules seem sensible. I also believe that Iowa has what it has because of its good management practices..I made my first hunt there last year and it was the greatest hunt of my life. i only wish i could come back year after year, however i dont support a raise in the nr tags. that will in essence ruin the hunting. the doe thing is also a hard pill to swallow considering were already paying 450 for a buck. to have to kill two does first for a chance to get that buck can be problematic. i am sorry i didnt stay now that i know what is going on there after i got my buck last year to try and get a doe...i fully support doe harvest and after all they do taste great...if i do get drawn again for a tag in Iowa i will harvest a doe if i have to. im in no way gonna skip hunting there cuz of the doe thing and if i can help you all to get your herd in order i will do my part...i just hope they make it one doe, two does in a week could be hard..again my hats are off to you Iowa guys. if i could relocate i would....

Top Bottom