Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Short season

Old Buck

Life Member
Some years it takes me all season to get two gobblers with a bow. This year it was a lot faster.

I went out yesterday, April 13, about an hour before sunset to start my 2005 season. About a half hour before sunset five long beards came in to my yelps. A lucky shot put one down.

This morning I went to the same blind. The remaining birds gobbled alot but henned up. After awhile an aggressive old bird started chimming in from a distant ridge. In the old gun days I'd have moved closer but with a bow I stayed put and tried to sound very sexy. He finally gave in a started my way.

When he came into the clover patch I started shooting him on video. I got some good strutting, drumming and gobbling but after about 5 minutes he started to loose interest.

It seemed like a good time to put my second tag to use so I sent an expandible his way.

Interestingly I had eaten lunch on the drive down to the farm, delicious, cold gobbler breast from a bird I got last fall. Maybe eating grilled turkey breast brings good luck!
grin.gif

I'll have to grill some wild turkey breast for young doe to see if we can get the luck to continue when we work on her tags.
grin.gif

Good hunting!
Old Buck

20205_gobblers_1_8_meg_file.jpg
[/image]

Thanks to a lot of patience on the part of onecam I finally got the photo to show up!

Very impressive, Larry! Great photo as well. You always have such awesome harvest photos.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Great photo as well. You always have such awesome harvest photos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Photo??????What Photo??? No photo showing on my scene.
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Some years it takes me all season to get two gobblers with a bow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck...most years it'll take me all season to get ONE with a bow
grin.gif

Congratulations on a couple of great hunts and, as usual, a harvest photo in a class of its' own
waytogo.gif

NWBuck

Congrats Larry.Hope that I get two in one.What am I talkin about,I got to get the one first.

Top Bottom