Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Taxi Service

camo658 said:
I can't speak for everyone here, but I don't feel like spending close to $500 for a mount. Unless, It was a world class whitetail.

When it's all said and done, the mount is the only thing that you will
keep forever. Guys spend hundreds if not thousands on gear over time, but have a problem paying $$ for the only part of the hunt that you can truly treasure every day of the year when you walk into a room. Many mounts will look similar in quality when they leave the shop but a true test is what will that mount look like in 10 years? There is a difference in the quality of a mount if the correct materials and procedures aren't used when they start to age. Not saying you have to go with the most expensive guy out there - just seriously do your homework before going with the cheapest guy you find. Taxidermy should really be the last place a guy skimps on the hunt.

Toms taxidermy in clarks grove mn. $600 6 -12 months. I will never go the cheap route on a mount again did that once. The way i look at it is do i want this deer hanging in the living room or or up in the upstairs unused spare room.

I think mine was Marlin Hoch taxidermy - SE of Des Moines. Amazing work - one heck of a showroom - and turnaround in LESS THAN 3 WEEKS! ;)

IMG_5242.jpg

Marlin did mine last year and I was very happy. Pay up front and he moves your work to the front of the line. Mine was done in a couple months. Marlin is a great guy with a lot of experience.

Durk Sterner in Lone Tree, Iowa (30 minutes S of Iowa City) has done 5 heads for me. Very very good work. If you'd like pics of stuff he's done either PM me or stuffy here on the site. Or visit his Facebook page.
Durk's done 2 deer and a pheasant for me also. his work is awesome! for a shoulder mount, i think he was priced around $425 and typically about a 6 month turnaround.

The joy of a low price is fleeting, while the bitterness of poor quality will linger on your wall for a very long time! If you are just going to admire the antlers then any taxi will do. If you are truly going to admire and pay proper respect to the deer that grew them, do your homework and find a taxi who takes pride in turning out a work of art, not just another head.

Top Bottom