Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

to hold or not to hold

zvholk

Do you hold your bow the whole time your hunting, or do you have a bow hanger
My bow is hanging most of the time, but will hold it at first and last light.

I have a holder...I had a couple situations where a doe or buck snuck up on me without me realizing but they weren't shooters so it wasn't a huge deal. Like you I hold during the last hour of light.

Hang it...gets too cold to hang onto. Plus I'd probably drop it if I held it all the time. You need to be as comfy as possible when your in a stand for hours at a time...holding a bow... not comfy.

Hold it 99.9% of the time. I don't own a bow holder.

If I'm sitting, it is laying across my lap.

I stand for the first and last hour.

Depends on the stand for me. I'm usually standing for the first hour and last hour but after that it is usually on a holder unless I'm in my hang on stand.

I used to hold all the time or have it on my lap. I got a screw in bow holder last year so I hang it for the most part. Nice being able to keep my hands tucked away and warm. I'd rather have to reach for a bow and get ready to shoot than have it on my lap or in my hand and be uncomfortable the entire hunt. When I'm uncomfortable I move a lot. So its an easy decision for me!

I hold it hoping it keeps my hands warm. I have the carbon element and they claim its warm to the touch. I would say its not "warm to the touch" but I believe its not as cold as aluminum would be…….. Really I hang mine pert near all night.

I hang mine nearly all of the time. I hunt pretty open country and am glassing with binocs a lot and it's hard to hold them steady & focus with one hand and I'm always afraid it's going to slip off my lap & out of the tree if I put it in my lap.

I hang mine and if I see a buck to make me take it off the hanger I am shooting. The intial reaction I go by. If I am holding it, I might shoot a 4pt if it walked by after sitting all day.

I usually stand up holding it right away in the morning and usually for the last hour as well. I have a knapsack that I can rest the cam on while holding the bow upright so it takes the majority of the weight off of my hand. As for all day sits I hang it or put it across my lap. If I feel like I'm skylined bad or my movement will be in the deer's line of sight I will hold it sometimes too.

3-rail EZ hanger. One of bowhuntings greatest inventions... Worth every penny.

I used a holder. The last thing I want is arm fatigue when it matters most. Guys get busted from quick knee jerk reactions when reaching for a bow.

On the bow holder all the time unless I see deer working my way, hear something coming, just rattled, first 20 minutes and last 20 minutes of daylight.

On the bow holder all the time unless I see deer working my way, hear something coming, just rattled, first 20 minutes and last 20 minutes of daylight.

I am pretty close to this too. I normally have it hanging up, but will hold it during prime times.

Top Bottom