Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tracking Help

No luck, I checked every watersource crawled through every plum thicket. Walked the first 10 rows of corn on the north side of the property. No more signs of blood. My only hope now is that it wasn't a fatal shot. Hopefully I get another picture of him on my trailcam.
shrug[1].gif

It happens bud, don't get too frustrated with the situation. Just concentrate on making the next shot count.

[ QUOTE ]
You should start looking for buzzards flying around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Point, I'll bet he's down somewhere.

Not only buzzards, but crows and black birds will gather around. Maybe set up high overlooking the area and watch for that kind of activity. It usually means something is dead. Good luck.

He certainly doesn't look any worse for the encounter. Maybe you will cross paths again. Good luck.

Man I bet that makes you feel better. An unfortanate event but it turned out good. Good luck with him again.
waytogo.gif

Well, it looks like his bladder is okay anyway...
blush.gif
What a story if you manage to get another crack at this buck; I'll bet you're sleeping much better at night now.
grin.gif

With the arrow showing alot of blood and the large spot of blood you found, I don't see any marks on that deer. Where do you think you hit him ???

My buck last year had been shot through lower abdomen and was no worse for wear. Somehow it didn't hurt his intestines. You have your workcut out for ya now! He is getting smarter.

The entry shot would have been on the other side of the buck. I have 4 pictures of him and all are of the side the arrow would have exited. My guess is at the angle I was on that I skimmed his belly on the opposite side.
My stand is about 200 yard down the trail from this camera. Everything happened so fast that it all seems like a blur.

This may help when you stick him again.Go to Wal-mart and buy a tracking flashlight. The one I have is a Winchester light. It has 2 red l.e.d and 2 blue l.e.d lights and boy does the blood glow. They work guys and for $15 to recover a animal we put so much time and money into taking its money well spent. GOOD LUCK NEXT FLIGHT!

Top Bottom