Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Unemployed?

blake

Life Member
hoofline.gif

Given the ever climbing unemployment figures in the State of Iowa and most states in our country, I was wondering how many of you are unemployed. Do you have a spouse or significant other that wants to work but is unable to find a job?

As always please feel free to share your thoughts with us. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hoofline.gif

398ibalogo_1_.gif

PM
Ron Wyllie
Southwest Iowa IBA Area Representative
rwyllie@iowawhitetail.com

Good poll Ron! I know Iowa is better off then many states but still tough times right now.

SE Iowa has some counties up to 6% now... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

In my business I get to travel to many plants accross the NE tier of Iowa. It is a bad deal all around is all I have to say.

I like many, I believe may be working at a dramaticly lower earnings level than we have been accustom to. Still employee but tightening the belt.

i didn't see my choice on the poll. i'm stil working, but workers are only getting 32 hours a week

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teeroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i didn't see my choice on the poll. i'm stil working, but workers are only getting 32 hours a week </div></div>

I heard that they went to 4 days a week. Better than the alternative I guess.

aha! I definitely have an opinion on this topic. Wife and I's positions were eliminated Oct10 2008. 22 years working for this company (each of us) We are both currently unemployed..but today I got a call landing a job I have been praying for. The market is horrific as far as employment.

Glad to hear you are back to work Ryan. It is scary out there right now. I know several companies going to 4 day work weeks just to stay afloat. Remember this... "A country boy can survive!" /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Times ARE tough with NO end in sight.

If I were younger, I would head for North Dakota. There are jobs of ALL kinds. If you are breathing and come to work opportunities are unlimited. At last check there were 20,000 openings in every field.

I been there and saw it with my own eyes.

The state has a one and a half BILLION dollar surplus in the state treasury.

April 22, 2008 after almost 21 years and 8 days after “ your doing a great job, here’s a raise” I get the sorry we don’t need you anymore, over the phone. Now I don’t want to change this thread, but for any unemployed person out there, here’s my two cents…
First the support of family and especially your spouse is most paramount in moving forward, which I am blessed to have the best of both. But after that you have to ask yourself, ok it’s my life, what am I going to do. Remember, if you have children, you actions of how you handle this will set a foundation of how to tackle difficult situation head on, in their life. With years in the automotive/computer area leaving myself asking “what mark have I left this world”, I deciding I needed to help others. Feeling that a fireman career has pasted me by and becoming a doctor would take to long, RN it will be. Fast forward almost a year, wife will have her BS of nursing in December and I will be somewhere around one to two years after. Where does this unemployed curveball leave us….with our dream, helping people of south center Iowa! As a side note, two of our children have really expressed an interest in heath care career…..

Rudd,
Didn't know anything about your job. Hope everything is alright and good luck on landing the new one you talked about.

Jeremy

I have been laid off for this week and next week. I go back on the 16th of this month but things are still pretty slow at the plant. We will see what happens when we go back.

thanks for the kind words gang. Outdoor Family, those words could not be more true. You have alot to be proud of.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">today I got a call landing a job I have been praying for. </div></div>

That is awesome Ryan! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

My option was not in the poll either.

I have been locked out since Aug 22nd. Technically i still have a job, but the longer this goes on between the union and the company makes me worry. Neither side has budged an inch. It was nice having all that time off during bow season, but now i'm getting bored. I have 19 years in so i kinda hate to jump ship now.

Top Bottom