Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What's Happened?

Been shut out the past 2 years. Lost interest since I'm not hunting there. I'll be hangin around the Bowsite til then. Still have 3 other states to hunt every year and they have forums for all 50.. Just waiting for football to start .Go HAWKEYES!

It must be this new cell phone for me. Its easy to check out the site, but a pain in the butt to post anything.

Ive been having internet issues at home and trying to do anyting on the net is worthless. Ive even thought about going back to dial-up over this "HIGH SPEED" I have.

It sure isnt about not wanting to post pics or video. (BTW, check out Midwestwhitetail.com if you want to see my pics and video's). I always figured its more about the chase than the score anyway.

It must be this new cell phone for me. Its easy to check out the site, but a pain in the butt to post anything.

Ive been having internet issues at home and trying to do anyting on the net is worthless. Ive even thought about going back to dial-up over this "HIGH SPEED" I have.

It sure isnt about not wanting to post pics or video. (BTW, check out Midwestwhitetail.com if you want to see my pics and video's). I always figured its more about the chase than the score anyway.

Test your high speed internet and see if it is working at the proper speed by going to speakeasy.net. Click on Chicago as it is the nearest area to you, and it will give you a reading. Then compare that to what your provider says you are supposed to have. Report your reading to your provider. When you got new high speed, there is a chance you didn't log off and then relog into your account properly.

Good thread.

Many years ago I decided I needed to make myself a better deerhunter and IWT is where I found the info I was looking for. The willingness of experienced and successful hunters sharing information is what seperated this site from others IMO. The added bonus of meeting and gaining new friends icing on the cake. Even though many hunting topics or questions may have been covered before there's nothing wrong with covering them again cause likely there are new people just like me looking to make themselves a better hunter.:way:

Well boys...and girls, I believe we're getting back there now. This post really got people back in the mood!

Since we are complaining, I also hate the new format. In the old days I could click on a thread and pick up where I left off, and the forum would tell me how many new posts there were on each thread etc. Maybe the new format will too, but I dont have my NASA degree yet, the old one was just so simple to navigate. With the new format the actual text of a thread is confined to about half my screen while the other half is made up of advertisments and avatars, its just hard to look at IMO. The site also seems unreasonably slow to load compared to other sites, even threads w/o pictures, and I wont even log in unless I can get on high-speed.
Much like the last election, I dont like the results of "change"...

Last edited:
Speaking of Rudd, "Rudd Up" was one of the best post ever, if anyone remembers that one.... Been there myself....

I too like the old board....

Make sure you all check your options as some of the problems most likely can be cured by making a few minor changes.

Heck...I don't even notice the "new board" anymore, course maybe that's cause I'm just off in my own little "Corner" of the IW world...:p:D

OK how do I change my avatar size?? I went into cp then edit avatar but........I'm computer challenged.

OK how do I change my avatar size?? I went into cp then edit avatar but........I'm computer challenged.

I clicked on the properties of your avatar and it is around 230 pixels X 230 pixels. You'll need to save that pic, open some picture editing software, cut it down to at/below 100 X 100 pixels, and reload it.

This post is like a big Iowawhitetail reunion! :drink2: I just hope Thomas finds a job soon for his kids sake!!!:grin:

Top Bottom