Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Would you ever?

Holy crap

Now i am a racist and pot smoker. Honestly, you cant make this shit up. I am curious booner, how old are you?

Serious guys - grow up and stop the personal attack BS.

I agree 100% although this is somewhat humorous. I'll give bpul the benefit of the doubt and say let the sleeping dog lie before you ruin your name on a great website with great people. It might be too late for booner though.....

It's the same thing every year around this time. The people who don't believe in shotgun season are going to argue and throw blows at the guys that do. I believe bpul got just what he wanted by stating what he did in this thread. The op simply asked a question and bpul put his own twist from personal experiences to bash shotgun season. What did you expect was going to happen? I see where he comes from but the way he worded his rant he jumped in the conversation looking for what he got.

Geez

No booner i am not retired. I still work 40-70 per week. But, the disability money from my service wounds pay about 30%. OF COURSE, THAT IS NOT WORTH IT BUT I AM STILL ALIVE AND ABLE TO WORK. SOMETHING TO BE SAID ABOUT THAT. 11B3PV WHEN YOU FIGURE OUT WHAT THAT MEANS MAYBE WE WILL HAVE A BEER AND STOP THIS NONSENSE

Last edited:
Where's the popcorn? :D C'mon guys, stop hashing it out on the forum. Grow up, most of you guys are super immature and tend to argue for zero reason.

Here's the truth. Every Land OWNER has the right "because of our free country," "because of our military" because of the great people in this great country, to hunt THEIR ground how ever the hell they want! DONT ever TRESPASS!!! Not by accident not on purpose, if you do you are violating the rights earned by your fellow neighbors! Educate yourself on boundary lines, educate yourself on your neighbors fence line! You can hunt fence lines as long as your on your own. Be honest, be a good neighbor, be a good person! Hunt safe hunt ethically, and you won't have problems nine times out of ten. To each their own just DONT TREAD on ME!

Best of luck with this thread.

Here's the truth. Every Land OWNER has the right "because of our free country," "because of our military" because of the great people in this great country, to hunt THEIR ground how ever the hell they want! DONT ever TRESPASS!!! Not by accident not on purpose, if you do you are violating the rights earned by your fellow neighbors! Educate yourself on boundary lines, educate yourself on your neighbors fence line! You can hunt fence lines as long as your on your own. Be honest, be a good neighbor, be a good person! Hunt safe hunt ethically, and you won't have problems nine times out of ten. To each their own just DONT TREAD on ME!

Best of luck with this thread.

Couldn't have been said any better than this. Well Done!!!

Whether you are a native to Iowa or not, that is besides the point. I am from Iowa, born and raised and just like any state we have our fair-share of scumbags and people with little-to-no morals when it comes to property and trespassing.

Regardless if your dad or grandpa hunted a farm at some point it does not give you a RIGHT to do it today or tomorrow if you don't have permission. I love Iowa, and the majority of Iowans are great people, but we certainly have a bunch of knuckleheads as well. It doesn't matter who owns it or how long they have owned it or where they are from some people just DON'T CARE! We have owned the same pieces of ground for over 75 years and trespassing has gotten worse within the last 5-10 years I would say.

Party hunting has been a tradition in Iowa, and I grew up doing it, but I do believe if it was done away with we would see a big drop in trespassing issues during shotgun season especially.

Any neighbor that respects boundary lines, communicates, and has common interests in maintaining their farm is a good neighbor. I don't care what their demographics are!!

Last edited:
Whether you are a native to Iowa or not, that is besides the point. I am from Iowa, born and raised and just like any state we have our fair-share of scumbags and people with little-to-no morals when it comes to property and trespassing.

Regardless if your dad or grandpa hunted a farm at some point it does not give you a RIGHT to do it today or tomorrow if you don't have permission. I love Iowa, and the majority of Iowans are great people, but we certainly have a bunch of knuckleheads as well. It doesn't matter who owns it or how long they have owned it or where they are from some people just DON'T CARE! We have owned the same pieces of ground for over 75 years and trespassing has gotten worse within the last 5-10 years I would say.

Party hunting has been a tradition in Iowa, and I grew up doing it, but I do believe if it was done away with we would see a big drop in trespassing issues during shotgun season especially.

Any neighbor that respects boundary lines, communicates, and has common interests in maintaining their farm is a good neighbor. I don't care what their demographics are!!

And it never hurts to ask the landowners for permission every year. One of the only reasons I can hunt a property is because I stop in early September every year and talk to the family and ask then proceed to tell them my locations and the time periods I will be hunting

To the original poster, your the one we read about that took a slug because know one knows your there. Stay in your truck and stay with your group if this is your thing. If running a deer so your buddy can take a pot shot at him is the way you like to hunt have fun. Be safe and think where your slug may end up.

To answer the original question, setting up in a road ditch seems a little shady, granted it can be within the rules depending on where in the state you're hunting. However, the right of way where it it legal to shoot is only about 20 feet wide. For a deer that has been pushed and is running, there is only a fraction of a second it is within the right of way before it crosses the road or fence. The possibilities of breaking the rules seems very high. And that's not to mention the safety aspect of shooting next to roadways and being set up in a position that you could come under fire yourself. I would think there would be a lot safer and ethical options for me. I wouldn't have a problem setting up off someone else's drive, but not in a road ditch.

Wow, I'm shocked at something's in this thread. A lot of things that are wrong in this world are in this thread. If people will respect each other and respect what they have and worked for it will make for a better life.

God commanded to love your neighbor ...

Take it to heart....

Gun, bow, muzzleloaders hunters need to be respectful....

The goal is normally to let these run their course but after reading some of the comments here, it's time for some intervention.

Keep it respectful....period. If you can't refrain from the profanities and name calling then it is all together possible a vacation will be given, forcing you to hang out in a place much less warm and fuzzy than this one.;)

My son was reading through this as well, reminding me that people of all ages are enjoying this site. Keep that in mind when you hit the "submit button".

Seriously boys obey the rules to so there won't be a need to enforce them.:way:

I've said it before. What happened to this site. I sure don't remember all this bickering going on ten years ago. It makes it hard to post a simple question on here anymore.

Back to the original post. I myself would not do it but if I still shotgun hunted I would be in my stand because you never know what might run through with all the deer drives going on.

I've said it before. What happened to this site. I sure don't remember all this bickering going on ten years ago. It makes it hard to post a simple question on here anymore.

Everyone on here is now an expert on whitetail hunting, and think that they have the right to make sure people, even those new to bow hunting like myself (3rd year bow hunting), when they don't agree. But they fail to remember that they had to start somewhere at one time too. They fail to give grace to those who they feel are "ruining hunting" for everyone. What about those who have shotgun hunt with their family for decades, and love the time spent with those family and friends, because it's one of the few times a year that they can spend quality time together?

Everyone on here is now an expert on whitetail hunting, and think that they have the right to make sure people, even those new to bow hunting like myself (3rd year bow hunting), when they don't agree. But they fail to remember that they had to start somewhere at one time too. They fail to give grace to those who they feel are "ruining hunting" for everyone. What about those who have shotgun hunt with their family for decades, and love the time spent with those family and friends, because it's one of the few times a year that they can spend quality time together?

Shotgun hunting isn't bad. It's rich in tradition. The bad part comes in with the pot shots, trespassing, road hunting, etc.

Top Bottom