Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1st Bobcat

kmehlin

We were calling coyotes down in south eastern Nebraska, and this (big) cat came to the call along a fence-line. We had actually lost it in a ditch and thought it circled down wind of us. She was actually still sneaking up on us at the time. We decided to stand up not knowing if she was in front of us or not. We'll sure enough forty yards out, she bolted. Couple shots later we got her.

This would be the first bobcat I have ever seen in my life. Pretty neat animal. In Nebraska they are considered a predator and there is a late season for them with no quota.
bobcat.jpeg

Pretty cat! Good shootin' those things are quick! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I am not going to get it mounted. It is on my list however.

Here is the rest of the story I didn't post the first time /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

My buddy made the first shot that was on the run. I was fortunate enough to find it in the thicket after it had been wounded. So it's kind of like he got the win, and I got the save. I let him keep the game ball even though he was extremely nice and offered. I am going to wait until I get a clean kill myself to mount one. I owe my friend a lot more than the hide for the experience itself.

Sure looks like one of Iowas mountain lions!! lol! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

NICE SHOOTIN BUD!!!!

That's terrific! I've heard 'em at night. One of the more hair-raising cries I've ever experienced.

My neighbor describes it best - "Sounds like a woman being strangled."

Gets me jumpy just thinking about it.

Congrats again!

iowaPete

Top Bottom