Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2004-2005 Rollin in the Does Contest!

releasehunter you rock!!! You will never forgrt that feeling of your first bow deer!!! Nice going on the doe harvest
beerchug.gif

If the deer was bigger than a German Shepherd it may...I am waiting for the dna test to come back...
evil.gif
Be at the shop tomorrow morning at 4:30 am. Woodies are still flyin.
waytogo.gif

I only wish that I had gotten some measurments for this contest before I too her to the locker. Oh well, I know my bow is accurate and I will shoot some more!
beerchug.gif
waytogo.gif

Stuck a doe with a bow. just got done eating the straps. my first doe on the ground. it was a great hunt. She was not a competetor for the contest though.

Congrats to everyone who has scored on does thus far.

I got this one Saturday morning. Just now getting around to posting it. Nothing special really, I set up a folding chair on top of a finger ridge overlooking a creek bottom. About 7:30 this deer came in with two yearling fawns and stopped 25 yards away in the creek. My arrow zipped through her and stuck in the ground behind her. She went all of 30 yards and dropped over.
She scored 111-6/8 on the Big Mama score sheet, 117 lbs. dressed.
DSC04838.JPG

Great photo, nice doe, way to go.
smile.gif

I hope that everyone on this site harvest at least one doe this year.

Thank You for sharing.

Got my first kill for the season. One less doe in the deer herd here in TN. I dont think she was a contender because we had to tie her down to keep her from blowing out of the back of the truck on the way home.
blush.gif
Anyway it was a good feeling having one on the ground!

I have this doe tag burning a hole in my pocket. I want to take a mature doe but unfortunately I have yet to have one come within my comfort range.

I have had many fawns and basket rack bucks very close to me, but not one mature doe! They always seem to be hanging out there just out of range.

It’s kind of funny, when I think back over the years that mature does and fawns were about all I did have close to me. I do however firmly believe that I will tag one yet this season!
grin.gif

If my math is right my doe yesterday scored 120 3/4" on the Big Mama System. Might get a hanging picture this afternoon. Only had my 6 year old available to help drag her out so I have no in the field photos. Maggs

Hey All,

Just got done butchering my daughter’s first deer.

She wanted to harvest a deer with a bow, unfortunately she was unable to. She went out for over a month, seeing many deer but a shot never was there for her.

She went out slug hunting here in Minnesota on Nov 13th and by 7:10 her season had come to an end.

This is the first year she was able to hunt big game, she has hunted waterfowl since she was five.

I am sure many of you on this board know the feeling of pride and the happiness that I feel for her. I could not be more proud of her.

Emily's trophy scored 124 1/2 on the Big Mama scoring system - Good Job Emily!

emily.jpg

Congrats to your daughter! I love seeing people take their kids hunting. You will have memories that will never fade. Great job.

MNHunter, your daughter is adorable! Congratulations Emily, that is awesome! Your beautiful smile says it all.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

My 9 y.o. daughter has really been working on the does. She has killed 3 already, plus a nice 8 pt. Will try to post some picks later.

I sure had a good time with her out there. I had a hard time keeping focused while video taping.
The one thing she wanted for Christmas was her deer hide tanned.

Top Bottom