Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2006 Doe Harvest

Make that an even 122.........
26404-archer[1].gif

We are a month into the hunting season and the Doe count is at 125. Counting bow, muz, shotgun, and special anterless seasons, anyone have any guesses how many Doe IW members will harvest this season?? +/- 500?

She didn't even let me make it to the stand last night. Arrowed her from the ground about 15 yards from my tree. 126
waytogo.gif

NWBuck

Make that 131.
Last night my dad (Rjack) and I went out. We got in the tree at about 4:30p.m. Right after we got on stand, I saw three deer feeding about 40 yards away from us. I got ready as one of the smaller ones came in. At 4:55p.m. I stopped her at 16 yards with a bleat. She went about 100 yards before she died (right through the bottom of her heart). This is the third deer (two for me and one for him) between my dad and I in that one stand location. It was a great hunt, and we got it all on video.

6935doe_compressed_2-med.JPG

I have had lots of oportunities but all of the shots have been does in groups and I haven't wanted to spook them as I want them relaxed and around for the rut. I took this one all by herself and I scored a double by nailing the turkey minutes later out of the same stand. #136
double1or4.jpg

Top Bottom